camayy123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have received and unconditional offer from Durham and will be starting in October! I just wondered what the closest music venue is? Would it be Newcastle?

Also is there anywhere in Durham city that have live music?

Any information would be helpful Thank you!!
southernbelle123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by camayy123)
I have received and unconditional offer from Durham and will be starting in October! I just wondered what the closest music venue is? Would it be Newcastle?

Also is there anywhere in Durham city that have live music?

Any information would be helpful Thank you!!
Hi. Some small bands at Durham but yes Newcastle. Newcastle is 13 minutes away on the train!
pianofluteftw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends what kind of music you're into! Durham has a good variety of student music groups, so there are always concerts/ gigs on. A couple of the venues in town do live music quite often with local bands (such as Fabios that's really nice of an evening), and there are tons of orchestral/ classical/ jazz concerts. The Gala theatre also sometimes has music events on. If you're into alternative/rock music Fishtank bar in Durham also quite often has live music/ DJ sets.

However you will find a much bigger range in Newcastle! Lots of touring things come via Newcastle/ Sunderland, so there are really big names playing sometimes. There's also the O2 academy that do a range of gigs, The Sage and loads of smaller venues too, realistically stuff to suit anyone! It takes less than 15 mins on the train and there are late buses back at the weekends which are useful after concerts etc!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (676)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed