Buying used PS4

Watch
maxi365
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm thinking of buying a used PS4 from CEX for £305. Is this a good idea? I mean there's obviously a reason why people trade in used consoles and so should I buy a preowned one or just buy a new one from Game?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maxi365)
I'm thinking of buying a used PS4 from CEX for £305. Is this a good idea? I mean there's obviously a reason why people trade in used consoles and so should I buy a preowned one or just buy a new one from Game?

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of the big reasons people sell their consoles is also that they don't want to play with their consoles anymore. CEX, Game etc all extensively check over expensive hardware before buying it off people to make sure it works so that they don't waste money on broken consoles or get themselves in trouble when they try and sell it.

No, the real reason you shouldn't buy a used PS4 for £305 from CEX is because you can get a new PS4 for £289 from Gamestop.
maxi365
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
One of the big reasons people sell their consoles is also that they don't want to play with their consoles anymore. CEX, Game etc all extensively check over expensive hardware before buying it off people to make sure it works so that they don't waste money on broken consoles or get themselves in trouble when they try and sell it.

No, the real reason you shouldn't buy a used PS4 for £305 from CEX is because you can get a new PS4 for £289 from Gamestop.
Thanks for the link but there's no Gamestop store near me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for the link but there's no Gamestop store near me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't you order it online?
maxi365
Rep:
?
I would rather go to a store and physically bring it home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would rather go to a store and physically bring it home

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're throwing money down the drain, but hey, it's your money to throw. In which case yeah, buying used will save you £20-£50 depending on where you would buy it from otherwise. But the price gap isn't very big so if you're going to waste cash for the sake of picking it up yourself, I'd personally just spend the extra for the sake of getting a brand new console with a brand new warranty.
maxi365
Rep:
?
Yeah i think i might just buy brand new with one of them bundles or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.67%
No (251)
72.33%

Watched Threads