Royal Mail Graduate Operations Assessment Centre Watch

GingerJoe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been invited to a RM assessment centre. I've been doing a bit of reading up and the majority of people are saying bad things about the graduate role. Lack of support, no 1 - 2 - 1's, a them (postie's) vs us (graduates) mentality.

Just wondering if someone could shed some light on what it's like to do a RM graduate role.

Thanks
VneetaB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GingerJoe)
I've been invited to a RM assessment centre. I've been doing a bit of reading up and the majority of people are saying bad things about the graduate role. Lack of support, no 1 - 2 - 1's, a them (postie's) vs us (graduates) mentality.

Just wondering if someone could shed some light on what it's like to do a RM graduate role.

Thanks
Hey when is your AC date?
GingerJoe
Rep:
?
Next Week.
alr_94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Thanks
Hey,

I also have an AC for Royal Mail (but for the HR Graduate Scheme) and was wondering if you managed to gain an insight into any of these concerns if you have already attended the AC?

Thanks!
GingerJoe
Rep:
?
They [the graduates] say it has changed alot from when they joined, that those were problems but that they are fixed or are definitely on the right road. One of the graduates at the centre obviously didn't want to be there.

Could really tell on the mentality of potential colleagues, we were always with the facilities boss so they were on their best behaviour all the time.
alr_94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They [the graduates] say it has changed alot from when they joined, that those were problems but that they are fixed or are definitely on the right road. One of the graduates at the centre obviously didn't want to be there.

Could really tell on the mentality of potential colleagues, we were always with the facilities boss so they were on their best behaviour all the time.

Thank you! & I hope the AC went well for you!
ort1992
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
has anyone heard back yet? i emailed them a couple of weeks ago and was told they would let people know by the end of last week, but ive still heard nothign nor has my status changed online?
GingerJoe
Rep:
?
I was offered and accepted a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
spd43
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
when did you get a call?
cancerionn11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am also still waiting. SPD43 which date you attended your assessment?
And Gingerjoe when was your assessment held?
spd43
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was beginning of April I was told they would start letting people know this week I emailed them on Monday but haven't had a reply, I'm assuming they'll take a couple of days to make offers and will start sending rejections when they know how many people have accepted their offers
cancerionn11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by spd43)
when did you get a call?
I attended in the last week of March which was the first assessment center. So thought if anyone has heard from the same center.
spd43
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine was first week of April
GingerJoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by spd43)
when did you get a call?
20th April

Assessment centre was late march
cancerionn11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by spd43)
Mine was first week of April
spd43 Did you get any call or notification yet?
Kortnie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys,

Is anyone starting this graduate scheme this year? If so send me a PM - trying to find some fellow graduates!
Momina90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi guys,
I have an AC coming up, Could anyone please share their experiences here so I know what to expect. thanks
mhtrv
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Momina90)
hi guys,
I have an AC coming up, Could anyone please share their experiences here so I know what to expect. thanks
Hi, I've got an assessment centre coming up soon too. When was yours and what scheme did you apply for? Would really appreciate some tips if you've had yours already.
lexie.t
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi both, how did your assessment centres go? I had mine 2 weeks ago.
t-Rain
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bit of a stab in the dark, but I had my Assessment centre about 2.5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I also know some people on my day have already been rejected. Is that a good thing? Do they usually take this long to reply to you if its good news?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (226)
67.66%
No (108)
32.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed