Royal Mail Graduate Operations Assessment Centre Watch

GingerJoe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Had 6 months or so off then joined a different company in a completely different role.
Charliejet8910
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why did you leave??
GingerJoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charliejet8910)
why did you leave??
I didn't find it an enjoyable place to work. A lot of stress and very little help from management overall. Went on delivery at least twice a week, usually Saturdays and if I didn't have to go on delivery in my office as I was a 'grad' was usually moved to another office to do delivery. Senior management, of course said delivery for grad shouldn't happen and I reported it when enough was enough but was given the response to just get on with it. I also reported bullying and this was completely ignored.

The grad scheme varied widely depending on which placements one got. Some really liked it but as I previously mentioned the majority didn't and have subsequently left. Going back however many years, I would not to the graduate scheme again. At least not the Operations one, but probably not an RM at all.
Charliejet8910
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank you that is very useful information. I'm at uni and was thinking about going to RM on placement/after uni but will give a second thought now. cheers
GingerJoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charliejet8910)
thank you that is very useful information. I'm at uni and was thinking about going to RM on placement/after uni but will give a second thought now. cheers
Thank you. My goal isn't to put people off the scheme, I'm just recounting the experience I had and reflecting on the good and bad points.
g_ops
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SunTiger)
Can anyone explain what happens at the assessment centre, any tips?
Hi there, do you have any tips for the A/C you attended? I have it at the end of the month.
Nelowayne007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I have been invited to AC for the same programme. Can you share any insight on what to expect and tips to help me excel. Thank you
katiea683
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I have been invited too! When and where is yours held? Mine is the 28th this month in Cardiff. Tips from recent grads would be very beneficial and very appreciated thank you.
Nelowayne007
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by katiea683)
Hi, I have been invited too! When and where is yours held? Mine is the 28th this month in Cardiff. Tips from recent grads would be very beneficial and very appreciated thank you.
I have been invited too but next month and in London. All the best. Let me know how it goes. Thanks
Nelowayne007
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nelowayne007)
I have been invited too but next month and in London. All the best. Let me know how it goes. Thanks
Mine is in London too, this month. Have you got any useful tips?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (2)
40%
No (3)
60%
Don't know (0)
0%

Watched Threads