The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

5th years applying to uni?

Are any other 5th years applying to uni this year? I was wondering because the start date for my course is right after I turn 17 and I feel like everyone else in my dorm and on my course will be older than me. Anyone else in the same position?

Scroll to see replies

Couple of people on my course came straight from 5th year, I'd say there fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Original post by LaingA8998
Are any other 5th years applying to uni this year? I was wondering because the start date for my course is right after I turn 17 and I feel like everyone else in my dorm and on my course will be older than me. Anyone else in the same position?

I have applied and I will be 17 in May! I am in fifth year right now as well! X
Reply 3
Original post by Katie_1998
I have applied and I will be 17 in May! I am in fifth year right now as well! X

It's good to know that there will be another. What course is it you are doing and what uni?
It's good to know that there will be another. What course is it you are doing and what uni?

I haven't heard back yet! I applied for Adult Nursing at Robert Gordons and Adult and Child Nursing at Glasgow Caledonian! What about you?
Reply 5
I haven't heard back yet! I applied for Adult Nursing at Robert Gordons and Adult and Child Nursing at Glasgow Caledonian! What about you?

Right now I think I am going to Robert Gordon for adult nursing but applied to Cali as well for the same course, still waiting to hear back from Cali but I got an offer from RGU
Right now I think I am going to Robert Gordon for adult nursing but applied to Cali as well for the same course, still waiting to hear back from Cali but I got an offer from RGU

I haven't heard back from RGU yet, but they send you a e-mail with a rejection if your rejection so I'm not worried yet! Cali are taking forever as well!
Also what conditional did they give you?
Reply 8
Also what conditional did they give you?

3 C's at higher and a pass in int 2 maths, I am a boy though so I think they only gave it to me to fill their quotas to be honest. I am happy though RGU is my first choice at the moment ever since I had my Dundee interview on Tuesday and hated it.
3 C's at higher and a pass in int 2 maths, I am a boy though so I think they only gave it to me to fill their quotas to be honest. I am happy though RGU is my first choice at the moment ever since I had my Dundee interview on Tuesday and hated it.

I'm sure they gave it to you because you deserved it! when was your interview date?:smile:
Reply 10
I'm sure they gave it to you because you deserved it! when was your interview date?:smile:

The 11th of February, you?
The 11th of February, you?

That was really early! 2nd of March! Did you travel far?
Reply 12
That was really early! 2nd of March! Did you travel far?

Yeah I traveled from outside Glasgow and stayed overnight the day before my interview. It's about a 3-4 hour journey from where I am. What about yourself?
Yeah I traveled from outside Glasgow and stayed overnight the day before my interview. It's about a 3-4 hour journey from where I am. What about yourself?

I live about 40 minutes away from the Uni, Aberdeen's my closest city!
Reply 14
I live about 40 minutes away from the Uni, Aberdeen's my closest city!

Oh I am envious then! What is your first choice of uni?
Oh I am envious then! What is your first choice of uni?

Haha! I take it you like Aberdeen? Robert Gordons! you?
Reply 16
Haha! I take it you like Aberdeen? Robert Gordons! you?

Yeah RGU is my first choice as well, but it's a very expensive city and I don't know if my bursary and whatever part time work I could get while I am not on placement would cover the cost of a dorm and food and drink.
Yeah RGU is my first choice as well, but it's a very expensive city and I don't know if my bursary and whatever part time work I could get while I am not on placement would cover the cost of a dorm and food and drink.

I know it is very expensive, I have a couple thousand saved from my part time job right now so hopefully that will help!
Reply 18
I know it is very expensive, I have a couple thousand saved from my part time job right now so hopefully that will help!

will you be staying in dorms?
will you be staying in dorms?

Yeah I will be what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest