?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Are these universities good choices for me to study psychology at:

Queen Mary-ABB
Reading-ABB
Aston-ABB
Rohehampton-BBB
Hull-BBB

Is that a good selection of universities considering my target grades are ABB?
Alexis Texas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yes
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)

Queen Mary-ABB
Reading-ABB
Aston-ABB
Rohehampton-BBB
Hull-BBB

Hi there,

Rather than throwing general sales literature at you i was wondering if you had any questions. I graduated from Aston with a degree in Psychology last summer and now i work for them. I was wondering if you had any questions about the university, the course, student life or the city of Birmingham in general i could help you with?

Good luck making your decision
Josh
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi there,

Rather than throwing general sales literature at you i was wondering if you had any questions. I graduated from Aston with a degree in Psychology last summer and now i work for them. I was wondering if you had any questions about the university, the course, student life or the city of Birmingham in general i could help you with?

Good luck making your decision
Josh

whats the atmosphere like are the grade requirements right?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
whats the atmosphere like are the grade requirements right?
Hi there,

I absolutely loved the atmosphere at Aston, it's a small campus based university meaning you meet people outside of your course all the time. Even if you were a bit shy like i was as an undergraduate you soon grow in confidence and can't walk around campus without bumping into someone you know. Which is great unless you want an intense solo study session in the library.

Grade requirements change every year depending on a lot of circumstances such of number of applicants onto the course, level of those applicants, the facilities, funding and amount of lecturers that course has. etc. But speaking from personal experience i was accepted on the course with a BBB when the entry requirements were ABB.

Good luck.

Josh
Megan>
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Queen Mary-ABB
Reading-ABB
Aston-ABB
Rohehampton-BBB
Hull-BBB

Hey there!

Those are all very good universities and are well-suited considering your target grades. I'm currently studying Psychology at Aston and I'm really enjoying it here! Originally I wanted to study at the University of Birmingham, however I was really swayed by Aston due to the fact that they offer a four year sandwich course which involves a one year work placement element of the course. It can be extremely difficult to gain experience within the field of Psychology and that is what most post-grad and doctorate courses require so this was ideal for me as Aston help you gain the experience!

I'd personally recommend that you take employability prospects into consideration as well when you are selecting universities! I know it sounds silly to think about life after graduation before you even go to university, but a major point of getting a degree is to get a good job at the end of it so definitely look into it!

Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (118)
14.22%
I'm not sure (36)
4.34%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (249)
30%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.53%
I'm not a current university student (406)
48.92%

Watched Threads