The Student Room Group

Economics of a Premier League football club

Hi everyone. I recently created an article about the economics behind a Premier League football club for a project in A2 Economics. It includes a teams revenues, costs, as well as brief notes about their efficiency, equality, equity (fairness) and even a note about how Arsenal paid £700,000 less for a player from Spain due to Pound/Euro fluctuations. It is in a handy PDF file, and it is a bit of a read, but I tried to be as cynical and sarcastic as possible and should be an interesting read.

P.S. If you're a Barnsley fan, I am sorry in advance.
I don't agree.
Reply 2
Original post by fajitamunch
I don't agree.

Thank you for your enlightening analysis of something you clearly haven't read.
Original post by LewisWally
Thank you for your enlightening analysis of something you clearly haven't read.

I'm sorry haha, it's just that you posted something without a purpose as such. Do you want people's opinions on it? Do you want it critiqued? Get what I'm saying?
Reply 4
Original post by fajitamunch
I'm sorry haha, it's just that you posted something without a purpose as such. Do you want people's opinions on it? Do you want it critiqued? Get what I'm saying?

This is my first post on this so it may be in the wrong area. I posted it to maybe give an idea of how economics is in football as I did it through my love of football, so people who have been set a similar project can take ideas from this and add their own. Not looking for it to be critiqued as such, just there for an idea.
Original post by LewisWally
Hi everyone. I recently created an article about the economics behind a Premier League football club for a project in A2 Economics. It includes a teams revenues, costs, as well as brief notes about their efficiency, equality, equity (fairness) and even a note about how Arsenal paid £700,000 less for a player from Spain due to Pound/Euro fluctuations. It is in a handy PDF file, and it is a bit of a read, but I tried to be as cynical and sarcastic as possible and should be an interesting read.

P.S. If you're a Barnsley fan, I am sorry in advance.

Was a good read, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest