The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Msc Sport Therapy at the London Metropolitan

Hi.

I was hoping to find people that are, or have been studying Sport Therapy at the London Metropolitan. I have an offer for this coming September so wanted an insight.

Thanks
Original post by CraigTaylor1983
Hi.

I was hoping to find people that are, or have been studying Sport Therapy at the London Metropolitan. I have an offer for this coming September so wanted an insight.

Thanks

Hello Craig,

Firstly, congratulations on getting the offer, obviously your hard work has paid off so really well done! :clap2:

As you can probably gather from my username and picture, I'm a rep on TSR for London Met (and also a student here). I've just noticed that your question has gone unanswered for a while now and thought that you might be interested in hearing my personal viewpoint of being a student here and of the Sports Therapy course (although my course is in Sociology and Housing Law so quite different, it is based on the same campus so it might prove useful). My replying may also bring your question to the attention of someone who is actually on the Sports Therapy course who can share their experiences too. So here goes...

Sports Therapy is based at our Holloway Hub, which is in Islington opposite the Holloway Tube station. I have found this to be an incredible location: good transport links, near to the centre, lots of cheap and good places to eat and pubs etc. and also just a few metres from the Emirates Stadium which can result in a great atmospheric buzz (especially good if you're an Arsenal fan).

The facilities that our Sports Therapists get to use is in our Science Centre which includes our state of the art multi-million pound superlab (the largest lab in Europe). I've found a video that shows off some of the facilities used by our Sports Science courses and that includes accounts from some previous students and their experiences:

[video="youtube;aPz4FslMNbA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPz4FslMNbA&list=PLItN3B6F2de-ISc3U97krsVK4w14TKRmj[/video]

I hope some of that was useful, if you have any other questions then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Simon
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
Hi,

I´m a spanish student and I´ve been admitted too. I would like to know if this Master provides you a good knowledge about sport rehabilitation and if it is considered one of the best in England about this subject.

Thank you.

Juan.
Original post by Juasanher
Hi,

I´m a spanish student and I´ve been admitted too. I would like to know if this Master provides you a good knowledge about sport rehabilitation and if it is considered one of the best in England about this subject.

Thank you.

Juan.

Hello Juan,

Also congratulations on being made an offer to you too!

As you're probably aware from when you applied, London Met's Sports Therapy course is a ground-breaking and innovative course and it has an excellent graduate employment record. Completing the course provides you with eligibility to join the Society for Sports Therapists (SST) and giving you a licence to practice: this is a sign of the course's high quality and the professional regard that it is held in.

There is a significant focus on Sports Rehabilitation (in fact there is a module entitled exactly) as well as modules focusing on a range of relating therapeutic and clinical skills.

The Sports Rehabilitation module aims to provide you with the theoretical knowledge and practical expertise to plan, implement and deliver rehabilitation and remedial programmes suitable for the early, intermediate, late and functional stages of common sports injuries. You will gain the knowledge to plan and implement a pre-discharge assessment for common sports injuries of the common sports in the United Kingdom.

You'll do this by covering the following topics:

1. Acute management of sporting injuries on and off the field of play.
2. Maintaining and improving range of movement, flexibility, muscular strength and endurance.
3. Criteria for return to sport, principles and practice.
4. Principles of progressions through a rehabilitation programme based on the pathophysiology of the injured and healing tissue, presenting signs and symptoms, sporting requirements of the athlete.
5. Evidence base for rehabilitation programmes and individual exercises.
6. Principles and practice of rehabilitation.
7. Health and safety issues.
8. Prehabilitation and injury prevention strategies.

I hope that's useful and look forward to (hopefully) seeing you here in September.

Kind regards.
Simon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending