xabsx
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
There's a couple questions I'm unsure how to answer:

Explain if there is an increase in the temperature of the water, why is there an increase volume of water passing over the gills in a fish?

Explain the advantage of an oxygen dissociation curve for haemoglobin shifting to the right during vigorous exercise.

The exam board is AQA
Bruno26
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by xabsx)
There's a couple questions I'm unsure how to answer:

Explain if there is an increase in the temperature of the water, why is there an increase volume of water passing over the gills in a fish?

Explain the advantage of an oxygen dissociation curve for haemoglobin shifting to the right during vigorous exercise.

The exam board is AQA
I think it's because increasing temperature of water, increases the collisions between enzymes reactions - so it increases the volume maybe (not sure about this one to be honest)
But....
The advantage of an oxygen dissociation curve shifting to the right is:
1) Haemoglobin has low affinity for oxygen, so it unloads more oxygen
2) This occurs at respiring tissues, where it has low partial pressure
3) More oxygen is released which can be used for respiration; beneficial during vigorous exercise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (6)
8%
Okay (25)
33.33%
A bit lacking (21)
28%
Not good at all (23)
30.67%

Watched Threads