Past Questions Texts and Genres A2 AQA LITB3 Watch

Batterbo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm going to put together all the past question together, sorted by the text, so you don't need to route through exam papers for them. I will add to this.

So to start with, Section A:

Frankenstein

Jan 2010: To what extent do you agree with the view that, in ‘Frankenstein’. Mary Shelley is exploring ‘the dark side of the human psyche’? (40 marks)

June 2011: Some readers have seen the novel as an illustration of the fear of the power of science. To what extent do you agree with this view of the novel? (40 marks)

Jan 2012: In an introduction to the novel Mary Shelley stated that she wished to “curdle theblood and quicken the beatings of the heart”. To what extent do you think she achieves her aims? (40 marks)

June 2012:
In an introduction to the novel Mary Shelley stated that she wished to “curdle the blood and quicken the beatings of the heart”. To what extent do you think she achieves her aims? (40 marks)

Jan 2013: “Throughout the novel the boundaries between good and evil are continuously blurred,leaving the reader with moral uncertainty.”How far do you agree with this view of the novel? (40 marks)

June 2013: Explore some of the ways in which Mary Shelley uses different settings to contribute to the gothic effects of the novel. (40 marks)

The Bloody Chamber

June 2010:
Many readers have been shocked by the stories in The Bloody Chamber Do you find them merely shocking? You should refer to at least two stories in your answer. (40 marks)

June 2011: “In The Bloody Chamber Angela Carter reverses gothic traditions so that the males become the victims instead of the females.” Consider at least two of the stories in The Bloody Chamber in the light of this view. (40 marks)

Jan 2012: “Carter explores base instincts rather than subconscious desires.” Consider at least two of the stories in The Bloody Chamber in the light of this comment. (40 marks)

June 2012: How do you respond to the view that, in the stories in The Bloody Chamber, Angela Carter presents a sinister distortion of family relationships? (40 marks)

Jan 2013: “Although terrifying, many of the stories are also darkly comic.” Consider at least two of the stories from The Bloody Chamber in the light of this comment. (40 marks)
June 2013: “It is ironic that the beasts are often more humane than the humans.” Consider at least two of the stories from the collection in the light of this comment. (40 marks)

That's it for now but I will get on it.

Bo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.25%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.62%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.78%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.04%
No, I chose not to (168)
29.32%