How do I successfully revise for Government and Politics A2 Watch

So_Confused
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm not quite sure how to revise for politics, I just about scraped by last year. It would be great if I got some tips
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by So_Confused)
I'm not quite sure how to revise for politics, I just about scraped by last year. It would be great if I got some tips
What have you done so far? Have you had a look at any of the A2 past papers yet?

Ps moved your thread to the Govt and Politics forum
JamJam87
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

i revise by making indicative content cards, youve already learnt the stuff at school. so then when you make the cards, i put the question on one side and the indicative content on the other side.

first ill plan the question without looking at the indicative content.
then turn over the card and see what thing i have and what things ive missed
then for each point on the card, write down everything i know about it and all examples.
if theres any im stuck on, then look back at my notes.

also, i like to watch silly cartoon videos that have a song because they help me remember stuff like how a bill is passed

:mmm: :mmm: :mmm:
So_Confused
Rep:
?
(Original post by JamJam87)
i revise by making indicative content cards, youve already learnt the stuff at school. so then when you make the cards, i put the question on one side and the indicative content on the other side.

first ill plan the question without looking at the indicative content.
then turn over the card and see what thing i have and what things ive missed
then for each point on the card, write down everything i know about it and all examples.
if theres any im stuck on, then look back at my notes.

also, i like to watch silly cartoon videos that have a song because they help me remember stuff like how a bill is passed

:mmm: :mmm: :mmm:
This cartoon is brilliant! Thank you for this!
I had a go using the cards to revise the powers of the President, your method is really effective, thank you!
So_Confused
Rep:
?
(Original post by She-Ra)
What have you done so far? Have you had a look at any of the A2 past papers yet?

Ps moved your thread to the Govt and Politics forum
I've done pressure groups and Voting behaviour, I've just started revising Congress and the executive branch. I have answered some past paper questions, on average I'm getting 22/30 marks on the second question, my main pitfall when it comes to this question is adding my example's, I'm constantly forgetting to add them in, this is my main weakness when it comes to politics revision.
Thank you for moving my thread
JamJam87
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This cartoon is brilliant! Thank you for this!
I had a go using the cards to revise the powers of the President, your method is really effective, thank you!

im glad ive been able to help! :h:
Jcoe
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For anyone doing 4C I want to miss out congress and do the other 3 because it is by far the longest and takes up 40% of the whole unit! Is this a good game to play for this exam.... Thoughts?
So_Confused
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jcoe)
For anyone doing 4C I want to miss out congress and do the other 3 because it is by far the longest and takes up 40% of the whole unit! Is this a good game to play for this exam.... Thoughts?
I'm doing Constitution, Congress and the Supreme Court. You should do the three you're most confident with. You'll have the option of answering three out of two questions so I think it'll turn out to be a safe game.
NikolaT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've done pressure groups and Voting behaviour, I've just started revising Congress and the executive branch. I have answered some past paper questions, on average I'm getting 22/30 marks on the second question, my main pitfall when it comes to this question is adding my example's, I'm constantly forgetting to add them in, this is my main weakness when it comes to politics revision.
Thank you for moving my thread

When you plan your answers beforehand (and if you don't plan, please do!) then firstly write up your points as needed. For and against, or a list of various factors, etc. Then when you're done, write in the examples. Then, as you're writing your actual answer, you won't be able to forget the examples, since you're constantly looking at them in your plan.

Hope that helps.
baffledchick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone else also doing US Politics for A2?
I am aiming for an A*/A, and thinking of only revising three out of four topics for both units, do you think I would still be prepared enough for the exam? Would I be able to answer three 15 markers and one 45 marker? I know this was possible for AS, but I am unsure if it would be possible for A2. Also, can you recommend which topic I should leave out, if any. Thanks
So_Confused
Rep:
?
(Original post by baffledchick)
Is anyone else also doing US Politics for A2?
I am aiming for an A*/A, and thinking of only revising three out of four topics for both units, do you think I would still be prepared enough for the exam? Would I be able to answer three 15 markers and one 45 marker? I know this was possible for AS, but I am unsure if it would be possible for A2. Also, can you recommend which topic I should leave out, if any. Thanks
My teacher actually suggested this to me, if you feel comfortable and confident doing this, I think you should go for it. If you're not feeling confident or prepared by doing this, I suggest you don't.
Bonnie and Clyde
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure which units you're doing but this blog has popped up a few times on The Student Room and its really good imo for politics revision - the authors are updating it constantly with new up to date content which is important when you're writing essays: http://ussmokefilledroom.blogspot.co.uk/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (75)
14.94%
1 (69)
13.75%
2 (65)
12.95%
20.52%
20.32%
5 (88)
17.53%

Watched Threads

Latest