NEED a work Placement related to Medcine for summer. Watch

Elictro1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
I really want to do medicine at University and i understand how competitve a course it is and so I want to do everything I can outside of college to get the best chance of entry.
I would like to ask any current Medical students or anyone thinking of applying to do medicine in september 2015 to supply me with information regarding what kind of work experience they did be it a summer placement or whatever.
I would like to know what kind of thing you did
Contact details on the company or service
and how you found it.
Thank you very much for your time.
Brachioradialis
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anything involving a care component would be ideal. Nursing homes usually love volunteers, or see if you can get involved volunteering and talking to patients at a local hospital.

Both these things can be arranged with a bit of persistence on your part.

Shadowing (at least a little) would also be helpful. If you don't have any strings to pull with friends/family then you could prospectively ask consultants via email (POLITELY!!) if they'd be okay with you shadowing for a day. Most won't reply, the odd few might, and most of those will tell you to go elsewhere or to speak with the hospital's volunteering department/HR department who deal with a lot of shadowing.
Elictro1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by MJK91)
Anything involving a care component would be ideal. Nursing homes usually love volunteers, or see if you can get involved volunteering and talking to patients at a local hospital.

Both these things can be arranged with a bit of persistence on your part.

Shadowing (at least a little) would also be helpful. If you don't have any strings to pull with friends/family then you could prospectively ask consultants via email (POLITELY!!) if they'd be okay with you shadowing for a day. Most won't reply, the odd few might, and most of those will tell you to go elsewhere or to speak with the hospital's volunteering department/HR department who deal with a lot of shadowing.
Thank you so much, I will definitely do some research into this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.84%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.68%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (83)
35.47%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.34%

Watched Threads