Fox123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am considering going to Warwick and the nightlife is a concern, I know all my other offers have a good nightlife being in the city and I was just wondering if anyone who knows could tell me something about the nightlife in Warwick. Thanks
dmrich
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fox123)
I am considering going to Warwick and the nightlife is a concern, I know all my other offers have a good nightlife being in the city and I was just wondering if anyone who knows could tell me something about the nightlife in Warwick. Thanks

Hi there,

The nightlife at Warwick consists mainly of 3 areas: the nightlife on campus, the nightlife in Coventry and the nightlife in Royal Leamington Spa (the closest two student-populated cities as it were).

On campus, there's the SU which runs almost nightly club nights, some of which are very popular like Pop! which is a night of cheesy bubblegum pop music, and also Skool Daze which is where everyone dresses up as if they were in primary school and bops to like, Busted and stuff, and that's super popular and sells out fast. You also 'circle' beforehand sometimes, especially if you are part of a big society, which is where you essentially all go to the SU bar (The Dirty Duck) and pre-drink, then go next door to the event at the SU. These nights are a right laugh sometimes and very convenient if you live on-campus as you can easily get ready and pre-drink etc. The SU is, however, VERY expensive for entry and drinks in comparison to some other places off campus.

In Coventry, there is the infamous Kasbah which is a nightclub which again has loads of different nights (usually Friday, Saturday and Monday) and is amazingly cheap (80p a shot I believe) and which even has a like a tuckshop you can buy food from and sometimes a barbeque in the outside area. That has 3 rooms, and plays lots of different music, my fave being the weird techno remix of Frozen's 'Let it Go.'

In Leamington, there are loads of different places to go depending on how you enjoy your nights out. If you're looking for bars, there's TJs (cheapest cheapest cheap place) and Kelsey's (a bit rough but famous for their Eliminator drinks) and other bars like Altoria which is full of locals but plays amazing music! There's also Smack which is a big club that's always packed and has LED walls and flashing lights and dubstep/house/garage music on all night. There is also Moo Bar which is a little less rave-y and more chilled and there's Neon which again is meant to be a good night out. In addition, societies are always running house parties/bar and pub crawls/nights out/fancy dress and themed stuff, so there is loads to do if you want to get involved!

Hope this helped somewhat.
AnonyMouse20
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Honestly, it's what you make of it. If you enjoy the people you're with you'll enjoy the night. It's like any other uni.
asophia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have exactly the same concern!!! Hahaha😂 but I visited warwick last week and I honestly think that you can have a lot of fun too. Especially cause there are so many students around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads