The Student Room Group

450 miles from £60 fuel, good, bad or meh?

I bought a new car last week, my previous car's were petrol and my new is diesel.

Car is a 2.0 Xsara HDI 2003

I put £60 diesel in it and achieved 450 miles 85% URBAN driving and 15% extra urban.

Is this good, bad or meh ??
For any future questions of this nature, please refer to this site.

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.html

It works out as 40.2mpg, which is fairly good to be honest. Not something to scream about for a diesel mind.
Reply 2
If it is indeed 40.2mpg then it's a bit meh, but not awful. Mine only dipped below 40 when I was doing pizza delivery and really hammering it around town. Now that I only drive it casually on weekends I average a pretty solid 45mpg with 75/25 city/motorway. For reference, mind will crack 600 miles with careful cruise control usage on a purely motorway trip if you really brim the tank.
urban driving is not good for fuel economy , especially short trips

40 mpg isn;t brilliant for modern diesel but if you are doing mainly urban miles ...
40 MPG isn't anything special, considering I got 39.1 MPG the other day on a petrol engine, with a heavy right foot, and archaic 4 speed AT.
my cat's breath smells of cat's food.
Reply 6
That's not bad, somewhat decent fuel economy. I get around 250 miles from £30 fuel doing motorway journies (petrol engine), much less if I'm driving around the city.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending