jordan_s
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello all, I'm having a uni crisis.
I want to study French, Spanish and Russian at university. I've applied to Manchester for their IPML course (which lets you do French and Spanish for your degree, but allows you to take up Russian as an additional 3rd language, but it does not count towards the degree) and Southampton for their Modern Languages course (where all 3 languages count towards the degree).
Problem is, I have NO idea which to choose.
Manchester's city is amazing and so full of things to do. the languages department has its own interpreting room (which for a linguist is really nifty), and all of the tutors seem really nice and experts in their field. however, Southampton is such a nice uni, the library is choc a bloc with language films, but I haven't seen the city

Can anyone give some advice? Does anyone know what Southampton town is like?
Soontobesuper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
*From a Manchester student, so ngl bit bias :P*
Southampton is a lovely uni, great grounds. With Soton being by the sea it has a nice area round there, and the shopping centre is cool, but Im not sure there is anything else there. It looks aa bit idk plain? But I have a firend who goes there and looks like he's having a nice time...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads