DHandZ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi Guys,

I'm in a fortunate position of having an offered BDO for their summer school program and also on EY's smart futures program. However, there dates overlap so not sure what to do. I'd rather work for EY when I'm older but the BDO summer school is more likely to end in a job offer compared to EY which won't.
Just wondered if I should tell the companies about my dilemma, or should I phone up sick for the days they overlap.
Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
EY is a better name to have on your CV - so unless you're intent on going straight into work after school, I'd go with EY just because the "brand" is superior. It will be slightly more useful in interviews etc.

I would advise just telling BDO/EY about your dilemma and ask them for some wiggle room.
Lifeimitatesart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DHandZ)
Hi Guys,

I'm in a fortunate position of having an offered BDO for their summer school program and also on EY's smart futures program. However, there dates overlap so not sure what to do. I'd rather work for EY when I'm older but the BDO summer school is more likely to end in a job offer compared to EY which won't.
Just wondered if I should tell the companies about my dilemma, or should I phone up sick for the days they overlap.

Oh wow congrats for getting on to the EY smart futures programme/
I had my interview last week and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Also I got accepted on the the BDO insight day, I applied for the summer school too but have yet to the the numerical tests :/ are they particularly hard?

Those are both fantastic opportunities, I would go go for the EY smart futures programme, but I understand your position as I would want to do both regardless. You should speak to your mentor and see what he/she advises. There could also be the possibility that if you phone up the companies, they may want you to chose one or the other..
shakaykay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I am about to apply to the BDO summer school program in Reading... it's a 2 hour journey for me though seems really good to gain experience but is it worth it? Where are you travelling from?

Shakeela, West Mid
Marshamellow78
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi. Can you advise on how to apply for bdo summer school as I can't see the application form on their site, despite bdo saying they'll be out at the end of October? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.5%
No I haven't decided yet (42)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.5%

Watched Threads