?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What would you say?
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah as said above depends on the careers.

E.g If your a graduate at an investment bank, that would be very bad and I'd suggest you'd leave asap.
phunky_fresh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wannabeaca)
What would you say?

To me it doesn't matter what area, I think that's reasonable . Most importantly it is a stepping stone and as you progress it will increase anyway.
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ridiculous question given there's no context given.
lyrical_lie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wannabeaca)
What would you say?
Depends; that was roughly what mine is living in London.
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
entirely dependent on career sector job aspirations etc. for some poeple looking to go into say, investment banking, accountancy, law etc that would be considered terrible.
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by neal95)
entirely dependent on career sector job aspirations etc. for some poeple looking to go into say, investment banking, accountancy, law etc that would be considered terrible.
Not necessarily. Plenty of people will start on that or less in accountancy/law training contracts. First jobs are about prospects, not starting salaries.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For most people that's an okay starting salary. I'd be a bit worried if you get to 30 and your not much higher though.
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by M1011)
Not necessarily. Plenty of people will start on that or less in accountancy/law training contracts. First jobs are about prospects, not starting salaries.
yes thys true true I am just saying what people would often think from a tsr view
beerbaitedballs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not a lot of money, for that I'd be more concerned about what I'm getting out of it. Am I going to gain the right experience over the next 12 months, and what will my prospects be in 12 months?

My Starting salary almost 2 years ago was 20k, I was a bit worried about how low it was and even had friends on higher salaries at the council. However, I've far exceeded them now and frequently get approached for decent roles.
Europhile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Whether £19k is a good starting salary will depend on what qualifications, relevant experience (short term work or portfolio work) and other skills you have. It's all about displaying your worth to a potential employer.
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's an okay start, I wouldn't turn it down. But I would expect that to be the salary after completing a degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
62.16%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
21.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.22%

Watched Threads