The Student Room Group

Is 23 too old to have the "Normal" uni experience?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jmce
Just googled, they have the same as England's term dates. Typical start is 1st september for colleges. As for universities they start at 22nd September or similar :smile:

Oh oops, I should have been more specific. I remember an Irish (not sure if North though) friend saying she could've gone to uni at 17 or something. And I thought I heard the same for Scottish
Reply 41
Original post by D_ecrivaine
Oh oops, I should have been more specific. I remember an Irish (not sure if North though) friend saying she could've gone to uni at 17 or something. And I thought I heard the same for Scottish

Yeah I did read "16+ Higher Education" I just assumed that meant ALevels or similar, not university :s-smilie:
A few of my friends were older and it was fine. Even when I took a gap year and was in the year below, I was still younger than most people.
Original post by Jmce
Yeah I did read "16+ Higher Education" I just assumed that meant ALevels or similar, not university :s-smilie:

Aww mannn....And now that I'm out of high school I hate high schoolers.
Reply 44
Original post by D_ecrivaine
Aww mannn....And now that I'm out of high school I hate high schoolers.

haha :tongue: it may not be the case but look into it :biggrin:
Reply 45
University is what you make of it regardless of your age. It will actually help as you'll probably have more experience and be more mature in terms of budgeting, studying etc. Employers may also prefer it as this means you have more experience. You can still have the same experience as others as people will just want someone fun and kind to hang out with and won't care about age. Well at least I wouldn't anyways. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jmce
haha :tongue: it may not be the case but look into it :biggrin:

I will, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending