Mariooo96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So here's my situation.

I finished sixth form in 2013 and I got Distinction (Business), Distinction (Travel) and Merit (Sport).
The thing is, I originally did ICT (A level) with Business and Travel in year 12, but I unfortunately did very bad in my ICT (along with the whole class) so I started doing Sport in year 13. For that reason I only did 3 units of Sport work instead 6 that were required and got a Merit for it. (or 6 instead of 12 really don't remember, all in all I did half of it)

Last year I got into my first choice University (dropped out after to weeks) for which the minimum requirement was 280 UCAS points which was exactly how much I have (120+120+40)

This year however the courses I want to apply to mostly have DDM (my first 2 choices, the rest DMM) as a requirement without any mention of UCAS points. So would the grade I achieved in Sport still count towards this? As most Unis nowadays don't look at UCAS points but at A levels (btec extended diploma in my case)
User1443542
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mariooo96)
So here's my situation.

I finished sixth form in 2013 and I got Distinction (Business), Distinction (Travel) and Merit (Sport).
The thing is, I originally did ICT (A level) with Business and Travel in year 12, but I unfortunately did very bad in my ICT (along with the whole class) so I started doing Sport in year 13. For that reason I only did 3 units of Sport work instead 6 that were required and got a Merit for it. (or 6 instead of 12 really don't remember, all in all I did half of it)

Last year I got into my first choice University (dropped out after to weeks) for which the minimum requirement was 280 UCAS points which was exactly how much I have (120+120+40)

This year however the courses I want to apply to mostly have DDM (my first 2 choices, the rest DMM) as a requirement without any mention of UCAS points. So would the grade I achieved in Sport still count towards this? As most Unis nowadays don't look at UCAS points but at A levels (btec extended diploma in my case)
I think that it would. I don't know however, so probably best to get in touch with the unis directly saying, I've got this this and this, is this acceptable for your course which states blah blah blah as requirements
Mariooo96
Rep:
?
(Original post by devangdave)
I think that it would. I don't know however, so probably best to get in touch with the unis directly saying, I've got this this and this, is this acceptable for your course which states blah blah blah as requirements
I know this may sound weird but I'm a bit worried about phoning Universities up I'd feel safer if I just write to them because I wouldn't want the phone call to end up being some kind of an interview or something.
I know most ppl will disagree and say phoning up would be easier.
User1443542
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mariooo96)
I know this may sound weird but I'm a bit worried about phoning Universities up I'd feel safer if I just write to them because I wouldn't want the phone call to end up being some kind of an interview or something.
I know most ppl will disagree and say phoning up would be easier.
I was personally thinking that an email would suffice
Mariooo96
Rep:
?
(Original post by devangdave)
I was personally thinking that an email would suffice
I was reading a post in a different thread and replied to yours by accident my bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads