Vanderruss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

In need of help. I am currently studying Politics and International Relations at Aston University. Its a great uni and I really like it. However, I am not enjoying my degree. Like a lot of people discover, its not what I thought it would be.

I want to stay at the university but I would like to change courses. I am particularly interested in Business and Management or Accounting and Management. Would anyone recommend doing one of these degrees.

Some arguments for and against would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vanderruss)
Hi,

In need of help. I am currently studying Politics and International Relations at Aston University. Its a great uni and I really like it. However, I am not enjoying my degree. Like a lot of people discover, its not what I thought it would be.

I want to stay at the university but I would like to change courses. I am particularly interested in Business and Management or Accounting and Management. Would anyone recommend doing one of these degrees.

Some arguments for and against would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Hi there,

Sorry to hear the course wasn't as advertised. If you wish to switch the best thing to do is speak to your personal tutor, they should put you in touch with the course leader and they will chalk up some requirements for the switch. If it's any help 92% of our students were satisfied with out Business and Management course on unistats. and 97% on our accounting for management course.

Good luck with your switch, we hope all goes well and you stay in the Aston Family.

Josh
Vanderruss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you for your reply.

I have arranged a meeting with my personal tutor. I have looked at the entry requirements for the courses at ABS and since i did an Access course I would need 45 credits at level 3 averaging distinction. I have 45 credits at level 3 but with 27 merits and 18 distinctions.

Do you know if they would throw out my application because my average is a little lower than required?

Thanks again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (53)
67.95%
No I haven't decided yet (16)
20.51%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.54%

Watched Threads