I've got rejected from most Sixth Forms Watch

s.afiyyah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've applied to 6 schools and 4 rejected me. My predicted grades are 2 A*'s 6 A's 2 B's and a C
vee_wuvshugs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by s.afiyyah)
I've applied to 6 schools and 4 rejected me. My predicted grades are 2 A*'s 6 A's 2 B's and a C
Those are the GCSEs I actually got and I got offered a place at one of the best schools in my city :eek: My predicted grades were higher but I know people who've gotten in with all Bs so maybe it was your interview and personal statement
s.afiyyah
Rep:
?
(Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
Those are the GCSEs I actually got and I got offered a place at one of the best schools in my city :eek: My predicted grades were higher but I know people who've gotten in with all Bs so maybe it was your interview and personal statement
I just don't understand at all
BobLoblawLawBlog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sixth forms in my area generally just accepted anyone. Even people that failed English and maths, as long as they agreed to retake them.
vee_wuvshugs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just don't understand at all
Is it possible for you to ask for feedback? This is very strange :confused:
s.afiyyah
Rep:
?
(Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
Is it possible for you to ask for feedback? This is very strange :confused:
They said I can appeal, but I just don't know what to say. Like my interviews have actually gone well
mario2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
for being an idiot
username1500433
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Often depends on the amount of places they have available. If they have say 20 places and 60 applicants, then they can pick the ones they like the best. You've already been accepted into two I wouldn't worry about it too much.
vee_wuvshugs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They said I can appeal, but I just don't know what to say. Like my interviews have actually gone well
You could talk to your tutor or maybe a senior staff member at your school to help with your case and help you build up a suitable appeal.
s.afiyyah
Rep:
?
(Original post by will_jg)
Often depends on the amount of places they have available. If they have say 20 places and 60 applicants, then they can pick the ones they like the best. You've already been accepted into two I wouldn't worry about it too much.
No I haven't! Two haven't replied yet, but I very much doubt they'd accept me either. Should I worry about it?
s.afiyyah
Rep:
?
(Original post by mario2)
for being an idiot
username1500433
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No I haven't! Two haven't replied yet, but I very much doubt they'd accept me either. Should I worry about it?
Oh my mistake! I'd be shocked if all rejected you seeing as you have good predicted grades. What types of school are they? Grammar/private/comprehensive?
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Were those 4 Grammar sixth forms? Are you Muslim?
s.afiyyah
Rep:
?
Oh my mistake! I'd be shocked if all rejected you seeing as you have good predicted grades. What types of school are they? Grammar/private/comprehensive?
I live in London so schools such as, St Dominics, St Marylebone, Woodhouse, Mill Hill and then I applied to Copthall. It's depressing me
s.afiyyah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raymat)
Were those 4 Grammar sixth forms? Are you Muslim?
Some are, and I am?
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some are, and I am?
It's not a surprise that you got rejected by them. Grammar schools/sixth forms are hard to get into.
username1500433
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I live in London so schools such as, St Dominics, St Marylebone, Woodhouse, Mill Hill and then I applied to Copthall. It's depressing me
Had a quick look at a few and Woodhouse, for example, "is a popular and oversubscribed" school. That's the first line on their website. I think simply the problem is that they get a lot of applicants and can't take everyone in. By the looks of things the schools you listed are decent so naturally will be competitive to get into.
s.afiyyah
Rep:
?
Had a quick look at a few and Woodhouse, for example, "is a popular and oversubscribed" school. That's the first line on their website. I think simply the problem is that they get a lot of applicants and can't take everyone in. By the looks of things the schools you listed are decent so naturally will be competitive to get into.
So do you have any advice on what I should do? I applied to an average school around my area but I don't want to go to far unless the education is worth the travel. So I'm really confused on what to do
davinaxo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thats strange because for woodhouse i got an interview with 3A* 2Bs and the rest As :/
username1500433
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So do you have any advice on what I should do? I applied to an average school around my area but I don't want to go to far unless the education is worth the travel. So I'm really confused on what to do
Make sure you get a place somewhere, even if it's not as good as you hoped it's better than nothing. You mentioned Mill Hill so I'm guessing independent schools are an option? There are plenty around London and you may find a lot of them are easier to get into then many state schools.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads