Lizarella
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I prefer working at night time (when I say night I mean from about 10 to the early hours of the morning), but it is not very practical when you have school every morning. Any advice on the most effective way to go about revision when you are a 'night owl'?
sophiamarni
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i am but i dont know how to revise too ><
boods8897
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm hoping I'll be able to basically turn nocturnal once I'm on study leave! At the moment though, I'll normally start working at 8 (although it takes about an hour to get in to it) and finish at 11. In that time, 10-11 is the most productive hour for me!

Edit: that didn't really answer question though...
My tips would be don't put off revising by telling yourself you can *only* work at night, have a set time to finish - I try and always finish by 11 if I need to get up in the morning, and do something menial to switch off after revising otherwise you'll be too fired up to sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lizarella
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by boods8897)
I'm hoping I'll be able to basically turn nocturnal once I'm on study leave! At the moment though, I'll normally start working at 8 (although it takes about an hour to get in to it) and finish at 11. In that time, 10-11 is the most productive hour for me!

Edit: that didn't really answer question though...
My tips would be don't put off revising by telling yourself you can *only* work at night, have a set time to finish - I try and always finish by 11 if I need to get up in the morning, and do something menial to switch off after revising otherwise you'll be too fired up to sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sounds like a fab solution. Thank you!
mogwai98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you tried sleeping for a bit, when you get in from school? Just so you're less tired the next morning, after getting fewer than 6-8 hours sleep.

I've always worked better at night and this is what I sometimes did last year.
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My brain just doesn't work in the morning whereas I feel much more receptive to learning at night so am definitely a revision night owl! I wouldn't say it was that good for the social side of things though...
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
THIS IS ME ALL THE WAYYYYYY! I sleep during the day for a couple of hours, that keeps me awake through the night, burning that midnight oil
The Room Student
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm the same! My advice would be to work hard on Friday nights (when getting up early usually isn't necessary) and try to do all social media / music / leisure activities before 9pm or whenever it is you start to feel ready to work.
Asurat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I normally have a nap as soon as I get back from school and then I power through the night
BrainDrain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A little off the original question but still involves revision and sleep, I found this interesting and it could help many in upcoming exam revision.....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-research.html...... It will certainly change my habit of revising and then taking a break playing computer games and stuff, I looks like a little nap after revision is the way to go.
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lizarella)
I prefer working at night time (when I say night I mean from about 10 to the early hours of the morning), but it is not very practical when you have school every morning. Any advice on the most effective way to go about revision when you are a 'night owl'?
I remember doing this once or twice when I had an exam the next day.
Sierra Beckx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I usually sleep from 5 to 8pm when I come home from school, because you are bound to feel tired, then I revise up until 12
Kitty-meaw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lizarella)
HOW..?! jUST howw..
Kitty-meaw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sierra Beckx)
I usually sleep from 5 to 8pm when I come home from school, because you are bound to feel tired, then I revise up until 12
That seems like a great idea!
ZolaCFC25
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
After school - go for a run, have a snack, sleep 5-9, eat, revise 10-2, chill, sleep 3-7?
boods8897
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZolaCFC25)
After school - go for a run, have a snack, sleep 5-9, eat, revise 10-2, chill, sleep 3-7?
Have a run?! I hate running :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
theDanIdentity
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by boods8897)
Have a run?! I hate running :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
only a guide hun, only a guide.. relax. no need to get your lil nickers in a twist

moreover, from the way it was said, it seems like that is what He did/does and as a result, has gained success from it; which lead to his suggestions to us on how to beat it:P you don't need to follow it to your death bed:P
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZolaCFC25)
4 hours isn't enough sleep.
boods8897
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theDanIdentity)
only a guide hun, only a guide.. relax. no need to get your lil nickers in a twist

moreover, from the way it was said, it seems like that is what He did/does and as a result, has gained success from it; which lead to his suggestions to us on how to beat it:P you don't need to follow it to your death bed:P
To my death bed? Sounds about right.... I'll go jogging around Wii Fit Island (although flying is better!)

On a side note, doesn't exercise have proven benefits for working? Something to do with the release of endorphins. Or maybe that's just good for keeping you happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZolaCFC25
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
4 hours isn't enough sleep.
8 hours is more than enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (143)
38.86%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.35%

Watched Threads