meliiee96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got into Exeter and Surrey university. Durham has only today accepted me. I do not know which university to pick. Durham is higher up the rank for Law.

Any advice? Much appreciated .
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by meliiee96)
I got into Exeter and Surrey university. Durham has only today accepted me. I do not know which university to pick. Durham is higher up the rank for Law.

I would definitely go for Durham. It is the most reputable one in your list. I would list Exeter as your insurance.
>Username<
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Go for the one YOU want. Which one seems best for you...

Durham may be higher up for law... So what? When you graduate it may not be... Is the employer going to look up your university on the league table for 3 years ago?

League tables aren't everything.

Go for where you want to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Championt1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Durham and Exeter as insurance. Employers will definitely look at the overall performance of the university you went to in the subject you did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
meliiee96
Rep:
?
(Original post by zero_Gravity91)
I would definitely go for Durham. It is the most reputable one in your list. I would list Exeter as your insurance.
Thank you. I think you're right .
meliiee96
Rep:
?
(Original post by >Username<)
Go for the one YOU want. Which one seems best for you...

Durham may be higher up for law... So what? When you graduate it may not be... Is the employer going to look up your university on the league table for 3 years ago?

League tables aren't everything.

Go for where you want to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, Surrey is near to me. Exeter and Durham are far away. I mean Surrey does have that year abroad. I'm wondering why the others don't have this?

It will matter employability wise. Of course what result I get will determine that too. It's a tricky one. Thank you though .
meliiee96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Championt1)
Durham and Exeter as insurance. Employers will definitely look at the overall performance of the university you went to in the subject you did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're right. They will look for what result I get. I'm just wondering if they will also look for the top universities? Of course Oxford and Cambridge are the top ones. Durham comes in fourth. The others are below in the tables. Although the tables aren't everything, it's something to consider right? Thank you though .
Championt1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're right. They will look for what result I get. I'm just wondering if they will also look for the top universities? Of course Oxford and Cambridge are the top ones. Durham comes in fourth. The others are below in the tables. Although the tables aren't everything, it's something to consider right? Thank you though .
Yes It is. Durham's law course is amongst the best and the campus is very nice to. But good luck with whichever one you choose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course they will be mainly looking for the top universities, but that is not always the case. If you do exceptionally well and you are an all-rounded student, it doesn't matter if you went to Surrey or Durham; they would choose you over an Oxbridge student that only had mediocre marks and has little to offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise