am I just lazy or should I see a doctor? Watch

Nadnight258
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm struggling with feeling 'out of it'. I'm disengaged, Im having trouble focusing on things for longer than a few minutes, words swim on pages and I feel cold, very lightheaded and dizzy a lot. Im groggy all day then come home and crash. I get enough sleep and stay hydrated throughout the day. I've been to the doctors before but as I have migraines I was given migraine medication which has little effect on these symptoms for the dizziness and as for the rest of it I was told to sleep more. Its affecting my school work (especially maths! The wordy practice questions are horrendous) but I sometimes wonder if I'm just lazy and searching for any excuse not to work. What do you think? Should I be concerned?
fajitamunch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nadnight258)
I'm struggling with feeling 'out of it'. I'm disengaged, Im having trouble focusing on things for longer than a few minutes, words swim on pages and I feel cold, very lightheaded and dizzy a lot. Im groggy all day then come home and crash. I get enough sleep and stay hydrated throughout the day. I've been to the doctors before but as I have migraines I was given migraine medication which has little effect on these symptoms for the dizziness and as for the rest of it I was told to sleep more. Its affecting my school work (especially maths! The wordy practice questions are horrendous) but I sometimes wonder if I'm just lazy and searching for any excuse not to work. What do you think? Should I be concerned?
Sounds like a bad diet to me. Get some vitamin pills.
Redfrost
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could be several things they will probably check your thyroid too. Try not to worry or anything that will make it worse.
SuperWolfPaws
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ask for a blood test
BubbleMonkey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If its something you've noticed and that bothered you its probably not that you're just lazy. I had a similar debate with myself once and it turns out I had a vitamin deficiency.
Tell your doc and they should do some simple blood tests.
The dizzy part makes it sound like you have a vitamin deficiency of sorts. If blood tests come back normal though you may want to do a little bit of reading on things like ADD or dyslexia. They can have similar symptoms, but you will have likely noticed them since childhood if that is the case.
Be sure to get bloods done before getting any supplements or you could over compensate. You can have too much of a good thing.
Dark Elixir
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am in the same position as you with the migraines (I get nosebleeds too :/). Whatever is wrong with me, whether I'm just lazy or what, makes it horrendously difficult to study. Like I can't even do homework/ revision, at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads