Make up? Which foundation? Good eye shadows? Watch

-Laureliz-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey

I was wondering if anyone can recommend any foundations/ eye shadows to me?
Libbie-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

It depends on what type of foundation coverage you would like as well as texture and shade as it will be different in each brand.

For eyeshadow the Naked palettes are good starters if want to splash out, but Sleek also do quite nice palettes if you wish to spend less.
SophiaMeow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It also depends what kind of skin you have. :P If you have oily/normal skin I would recommend the Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation, but stay away from this if your skin is dry as it will probably make things worse.

What you might find helpful is going into Boots and seeing a No7 person about what kind of foundation is best for you. I went there and they did a colour match, as well as recommending a foundation for my skin type.

Hope this helps!
HygieneTherapy15
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by -Laureliz-)
Hey

I've tried a lot of foundations and my favourites are nars sheer glow, bourjois healthy mix, and l'oreal true match. There are loads of good eyeshadows, the most popular seem to be the urban decay naked pallets which I own myself but tbh I don't think they're worth the money. Makeup Revolution do exact copies for only £4 at superdrug xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bourjois healthy mix foundation and urban decay naked 2 eye palette
chldaisy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The best foundation I have ever used is the Revlon colourstay foundation, and trust me, I have tried so so many foundations. Most eye-shadows are decent/do the same thing, it just depends on how you put them on! Neutral (brown/creme shades) are best, as they look the most natural and are the easiest to apply
rukayya.waghat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have combination skin (t-zone oily, cheeks and forehead dry) and I looove the body shop foundation and Rimmel match perfection!
katiiiiie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have dry skin and love full coverage foundation, although I am trying to go down to medium/light coverage. My favourites are NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat foundation, L'Oreal True Match (although the shade is a bit off - being incredibly pale is a pain sometimes!), and Illamasqua Skin Base I have used Nars Sheer Glow but found it to be really cakey and sticks to the dry bits of the skin, even though it was promoted to be good for those with a dry skin type

Eyeshadows; you can't go wrong with Naked palettes, I use Naked Palette 2 as I feel it goes with my pale skin better than the first.
emmmalou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rimmel foundation powder is my favourite!

Posted from TSR Mobile
WhosThatPokéGirl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For affordable foundation try maybelline dream satin liquid. Been using it for four years and I have super sensitive skin. I dont have breakouts and I find it lasts over 24 hours if your having a hard night partying. Eyeshadow I use any really I think its more to do with the brush you use. Eyeliner (liquid) I swear by collection. The felt tip liners are great and dont smudge

Posted from TSR Mobile
toocoldforuhere
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To experiment if you want a nude eyeshadow palette try one of the collection eyes uncovered palettes! Only 3.99!
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Foundation will completely depend on your skin type, skin tone and what kind of coverage you're after. As for eye shadows if you're just starting out I recommend the makeup revolution palettes you can get in superdrug, very good value for money and well pigmented for the price.
thunderstormfire
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends on your skin type and how much you want to spend really. I have mild acne, so I look for a full coverage foundation and MAC studio fix helps me a lot, Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish is good too. But if you're looking for a more affordable foundation Bourjois's Radiance Reveal is good too.

I have Naked 1, 2 and 3 by Urban Decay and they are absolutely gorgeous, but again a little expensive if you're just getting started. Seventeen and bourjois have some great palettes that you can buy on the high street and often they look nearly the same as the expensive stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maradiah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by -Laureliz-)
Hey

Rimmel lasting finish 25 hour foundation.

Best eye shadow... Urban decay Naked eyeshadow.

These work for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed