Durham Postgraduate - Philosophy 2016 Watch

RJD7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello all!

I realise it's a little premature, but my plan is to study MA Philosophy at Durham, starting in either 2016 or even 2017.

Such is the person that I am, I'm already looking at colleges and accommodation and the such. What would people say is the best college for:
a) postgraduates in general
b) philosophy students?
If there are any colleges that are better than the others in those areas, that is.

Further question: as a postgraduate, is it better to live in a college's accommodation or to find private accommodation outside of the uni?

Cheers everyone!
jonnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
2char
af93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi RJD, I can't really offer much advice as I'm in the same position as you, but thought I'd just say that I will be doing MA philosophy at Durham starting in October! I chose Durham because I've heard their environmental philosophy is really good and it's my core interest.
RJD7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by af93)
Hi RJD, I can't really offer much advice as I'm in the same position as you, but thought I'd just say that I will be doing MA philosophy at Durham starting in October! I chose Durham because I've heard their environmental philosophy is really good and it's my core interest.
Hi.

I've been accepted to start in 2016, so it's definite now! How have you been finding the course so far?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
4.26%
They might tell the bully (5)
10.64%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
19.15%
It might lead to more bullying (17)
36.17%
There's nothing they could do (14)
29.79%

Watched Threads