Will anyone like me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay, so i'm an 17yr old girl, average height, weight and got good grades, but will any boy like me? I've never had a boyfriend, no guy or girl has ever called me pretty and all my friends in school are starting to date whilst i try to be friendly, but never seem to be in luck, is it because I'm ugly? I mean I try to see the best in myself but i just can't, do guys go for ugly people like me? I wear glasses and have a slightly uneven face ( i have a mild genetic condition which makes me have slight facial disfigurement, not too bad but just enough to make me look different). It's starting to get me down now and I now believe that i'm going to die alone. People say it's going to get better but really? Because i'm having a hard time believing it. I scared that i'll never find love. How can i change this?
Bishoy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're still young, no need to worry. At school, most kids don't know the meaning of real beauty and will only go for the looks! Just wait till you go to uni or start work, and I am sure that you will find the right person who can make you feel special
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As important as people might make looks out to be, they aren't the be all and end all. You sound like a lovely girl. Don't be disheartened. You're still young and there's no rush. It will get better and probably when you least expect it.
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a bit bold to say you're going to die alone when you're only 17. Give it time and you'll find someone, just focus on school for now!
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're trying too hard. Just be you
EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sweetheart I'm 18 and in basically the same position; relax.
Doctor_Einstein
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay, so i'm an 17yr old girl, average height, weight and got good grades, but will any boy like me? I've never had a boyfriend, no guy or girl has ever called me pretty and all my friends in school are starting to date whilst i try to be friendly, but never seem to be in luck, is it because I'm ugly? I mean I try to see the best in myself but i just can't, do guys go for ugly people like me? I wear glasses and have a slightly uneven face ( i have a mild genetic condition which makes me have slight facial disfigurement, not too bad but just enough to make me look different). It's starting to get me down now and I now believe that i'm going to die alone. People say it's going to get better but really? Because i'm having a hard time believing it. I scared that i'll never find love. How can i change this?
First things first, can you please post or PM me a picture and from there we can assess if looks is a big issue or if it must be something else personality wise. I don't want to judge or tease you, but just make a logical assessment of why you may be having these troubles, and then figure out what can be done to help you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads