lucy-96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am going to do he partners scheme this year and had a couple of questions. The course I have applied for is accounting and finance.

How much work is involved in the summer school and what sort of work is involved?

Do you get to choose what accommodation you stay in for the summer school or do they put everyone together and if so, where do they put you?

Apart from the work do the university put on any other activities for students so we are not bored and so we enjoy ourselves? If they do then what sort of activities do they do?
HistoryGirly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did the partners scheme, although for a totally different course (history)

For most courses not a lot of work, but not hardly any work is required. I can remember going onto a webpage before partners began which gave a brief outline of what the assessment would be

You get put into an accommodation together. I wasn't in the accommodation, but it seems like people had a good time and got along.

They put on different activities throughout the week, including two nights out, quizzes, exploring the city ect.. I went to one night out in tiger tiger and the quiz was good. Since you will be in accommodation i'm sure you and your flatmates will go out so yous won't be bored.
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lucy-96)
I am going to do he partners scheme this year and had a couple of questions. The course I have applied for is accounting and finance.
Hey Lucy

I passed your questions to the PARTNERS team and they sent the following reply...

How much work is involved in the summer school and what sort of work is involved?
The work the students get on the summer school is varied but more than manageable in the contact hours they have and the time afterwards to complete the project. At the moment we do not have this year's subject information finalised yet; but based on last year the Business students had 12 hour contact time during the summer school and were asked to write a 2,000 word report on a topic they studied during the summer school.

Do you get to choose what accommodation you stay in for the summer school or do they put everyone together and if so, where do they put you?
Students will be offered accommodation in Castle Leazes for the duration of the Summer School. If the student is local and can easily commute to the University they don't need to stay in accommodation if they really don't want to.

Apart from the work do the university put on any other activities for students so we are not bored and so we enjoy ourselves? If they do then what sort of activities do they do?
This year we have put together a Residential Programme of activities for students to take part in. Included in this are things such as a social quiz, film night, bus tours of the city, and drop-in breakfast (am) and hot chocolate (pm) clubs hosted by the summer school reps where students can chat to fellow students and/or our reps regarding a variety of topics. The programme is not completely finalised yet, but there will be plenty that the students can 'dip in' to without feeling overwhelmed and having no free time. More information will be given at the Final Summer School Briefings in May/June.

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions let us know, or you can contact them directly at [email protected] and they'll be happy to help

Persephone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads