Replying to offers deadlines - EU student Watch

taeht
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey,

does anybody know the exact terms? (title)

I found this link https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/r...tions-answered however that is for UK applicants and I know it differs..

Thank you)
FionaMG
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by taeht)
Hey,

does anybody know the exact terms? (title)

I found this link https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/r...tions-answered however that is for UK applicants and I know it differs..

Thank you)
It doesn't depend on whether you're a UK or EU applicant; it depends on when you applied and when you receive your last offer. Take a look at the key dates on the UCAS website here:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...rack/key-dates
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The dates are equally applicable to UK, EU and international students - if you've already got all your offers back, you need to decide by May 6th.
taeht
Rep:
?
Are you both entirely sure?

Because here (http://www.pages02.net/ucas-charityn...NjQyMDQ4NjU4S0) they say if I quote : ''1. If your postal address is in the UK, you applied before 15 January and you receive all of your decisions by 31 March, you have until 6 May to reply to your offers in Track. If your postal address is outside of the UK and you receive all your decisions by 31 March you’ll have until the 4 June. If you don’t reply, your offers will be declined automatically. ''

So if I am outside UK (as I am) then it is till 4th June (if the decisions are made before 31st March)..but it is not stated how it is if the decisions are made after 31st March..

FionaMG
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by taeht)

Because here (http://www.pages02.net/ucas-charityn...NjQyMDQ4NjU4S0) they say if I quote : ''1. If your postal address is in the UK, you applied before 15 January and you receive all of your decisions by 31 March, you have until 6 May to reply to your offers in Track. If your postal address is outside of the UK and you receive all your decisions by 31 March you’ll have until the 4 June. If you don’t reply, your offers will be declined automatically. ''

So if I am outside UK (as I am) then it is till 4th June (if the decisions are made before 31st March)..but it is not stated how it is if the decisions are made after 31st March..

I'm going by my daughter's experience. We live in Portugal, so also outside the UK. My daughter applied before the 15 January deadline and has now received all her offers (so before 31 March). Her track states very clearly that she has until 6 May to reply and that her offers could be withdrawn if she doesn't reply by that date.

In any case, when you receive your final offer, track will tell you what date you have to reply by, but you can also post a question directly on the UCAS Facebook page. They are very quick to reply and that would help put your mind at ease.
taeht
Rep:
?
(Original post by FionaMG)
I'm going by my daughter's experience. We live in Portugal, so also outside the UK. My daughter applied before the 15 January deadline and has now received all her offers (so before 31 March). Her track states very clearly that she has until 6 May to reply and that her offers could be withdrawn if she doesn't reply by that date.

In any case, when you receive your final offer, track will tell you what date you have to reply by, but you can also post a question directly on the UCAS Facebook page. They are very quick to reply and that would help put your mind at ease.

alright, good luck luck to your daughter!

(still surprised how many caring parents here at TSR)
FionaMG
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=taeht;54530461]alright, good luck luck to your daughter!QUOTE]

Thanks, and good luck to you too!
FionaMG
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by taeht)

Hi again,

Just in case you're interested/available, UCAS are holding a live webchat tomorrow about replying to offers. The details are on their FB page.
taeht
Rep:
?
(Original post by FionaMG)
Hi again,

Just in case you're interested/available, UCAS are holding a live webchat tomorrow about replying to offers. The details are on their FB page.

OK! Thank you very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.87%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.73%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.74%
It might lead to more bullying (82)
35.19%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.47%

Watched Threads