Emma_Jane_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey! I'm starting Early Childhood Studies at Chichester in September, who else? 😊
JJH1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
me! I am. xxx

very excited xxx
Ems27
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Meeeee! I can't wait

Well that's if I can manage to pass my exams!! *fingers crossed*
Emma_Jane_
Rep:
?
Good luck! I'm so excited! Hopefully we will all see eachother there! Xx
Ems27
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you! And good luck to you too if you have any exams or coursework etc to do before. I'm so excited too, I can't wait to go and hopefully as you said we'll see each other there xxx
Emma_Jane_
Rep:
?
Thank you! Luckily coursework is all done just understanding human behaviour and development exam and anatomy and physiology exam! So nervous! I really want to get into Chichester xxxxxx
JJH1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
is anyone going to the open day on 1st July. I am gutted as I am on holiday! but I can maybe still make it. I don't want to miss out!
Emma_Jane_
Rep:
?
Don't worry you're not missing out, it has been cancelled again but this time it is not being rescheduled unfortunately
Ellie Nickalls
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Me! I am

looking forward to it! xx
GangBang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep getting super excited and nervous now! I have had my DBS and CRD all ok'ed, just ordered most of the books from the recommended reading list for the first semester, hopefully they wont arrive too late so I can start getting my head round those.
Does anyone have any idea what the induction week (Sept 21st) will consist of, and if its for the whole week? The timetable for the first semester is online now via the portal incase you haven't seen.
JJH1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi ya all. I've seen the timetable. can't believe only 2 days per week. I suppose that means a lot of home studies. I've sent my info in for DBS and paid but not heard anything else yet. Haven't ordered my books yet. better get on with that I suppose!
not long to go now!!!
Ellie Nickalls
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do you find the timetable and reading list?
JJH1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is on the Admissions Portal. but the portal is currently down until Thursday for A-level results. so you should be able to view it after then. x
Ellie Nickalls
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok thank you!
GangBang
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JJH1234)
me! I am. xxx

very excited xxx
Hey are you going to the mature event on the 4th Sept? Yes so glad this semester is two long days, better than being half day here and there. 😃
I just got one of the books through the post, very interesting but my eyes are hurting from reading so much ---I best get used to that though lol
JJH1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GangBang)
Hey are you going to the mature event on the 4th Sept? Yes so glad this semester is two long days, better than being half day here and there. 😃
I just got one of the books through the post, very interesting but my eyes are hurting from reading so much ---I best get used to that though lol

Did you buy all the books from the reading list?? I looked on Amazon and they are £££££! I really want to get started on the reading. my local library doesn't stock any of them. maybe I can buy 1 from each subject to start with.

I am going to the open day on the 4th. should be quite useful I think!
GangBang
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JJH1234)
Did you buy all the books from the reading list?? I looked on Amazon and they are £££££! I really want to get started on the reading. my local library doesn't stock any of them. maybe I can buy 1 from each subject to start with.

I am going to the open day on the 4th. should be quite useful I think!
Hi, yes I brought 9 of the (I think) 12 which were recommended. A couple I couldn't find and one was hugely expensive so I couldn't stretch to it. I purchased them all through Amazon but using their marketplace (2nd hand books), I would highly recommend this as I have bagged myself some very good bargains. I have received all but one of the books so far and they are in great condition and delivered within a few days even though I never paid for express delivery (this can increase your bill hugely and from my experience I wouldn't suggest buying it, just take the regular postage price).

I am going too, the uni is going through a lot of building work atm so looks v.different lol
Kierapuk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I have just finished this course! I would say don't bother buyin loads!! The library is well stocked now!!!
GangBang
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kierapuk)
Hi I have just finished this course! I would say don't bother buyin loads!! The library is well stocked now!!!
brilliant, will save us money/time hopefully. Did you enjoy the course? Which modules did you pick? Any advice??
JJH1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Went to the mature student event yesterday. Didn't see anyone else from the course there 😐
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 31 Oct '19
  • University of Chichester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads