Delta? or more suitable course for Teaching English as a foreign language. Watch

Marvito
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm Marvin and I am looking for the right course for me, I want to get into teaching foreign students English, preferably adults for advanced English. To consider doing it away from this country as a possibility but also would like it to be viable here.

I looked at delta but as it's 1 month full time I am unable to get that much time off work to do that one.
I'm looking for a good Alternative and thought to post here, to find out which to Avoid and which to pursue.

ps: I have also found that Delta offer an online version for £720 that starts in October until February.

Thank you

Marvin
Sportycb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Marvito)
Hi, I'm Marvin and I am looking for the right course for me, I want to get into teaching foreign students English, preferably adults for advanced English. To consider doing it away from this country as a possibility but also would like it to be viable here.

I looked at delta but as it's 1 month full time I am unable to get that much time off work to do that one.
I'm looking for a good Alternative and thought to post here, to find out which to Avoid and which to pursue.

ps: I have also found that Delta offer an online version for £720 that starts in October until February.

Thank you

Marvin
Ummmm... don't you mean a CELTA? I'm looking to do a DELTA in a few years times when I can, but I have a CELTA and 2 years experience teaching English abroad.

If you imagine the CELTA as like a degree, the DELTA is the equivillent to the Masters. It is the next one up and you need both a CELTA and several years of experience to do the DELTA. This is the qualification needed to be the Director of Studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads