meeellll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hiii, so I have a job interview coming up on Wednesday with Tesco, and it's a part time customer assistant role. I know that almost every interview will consist of the question "Tell me about yourself", but I have no idea how to answer this, or what the interviewer actually means by it! Although I've heard that you should answer it using the 'EES' format (Education, Employment, Skills). So, with that said, how's this for a "Tell me about yourself" question? I want it to be relevant to the job itself, but I don't wanna say too much. Please help! "I am currently enrolled in a course at college, studying a level 2 diploma in interior design. I have been involved in meeting real clients, as well as taking part in scenarios with fake clients, to design a home office space, loft conversions, and social rooms at college. I ensure to listen to their needs, taking what they want into consideration, but being sure to suggest ideas and alternatives to provide them with the best possible service and exceed their expectations. I have previously worked in retail, at Next, and as a customer assistant, I know how customers should be treated and that it is incredibly important to keep them satisfied. I believe having certain skills for a customer service role is essential, and for both my part time role at Next, and working for clients at college, I have used excellent customer service, punctual and communication skills, great organisation and creative skills, and also interpersonal, and IT skills, as I believe these are the most important and are what have helped me be successful at college and in my previous job. Working well in a team has also been incredibly important during my course, as we have had to focus on group work, agreeing on which team member is going to take on which role, and choosing an overall design for a room. As well as this, I have worked in a team at Next, stacking shelves and replenishing stock, ensuring the department my colleagues and I were working on looked tidy, welcoming and professional." Thanks in advance!
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by meeellll)
Hiii, so I have a job interview coming up on Wednesday with Tesco, and it's a part time customer assistant role. I know that almost every interview will consist of the question "Tell me about yourself", but I have no idea how to answer this, or what the interviewer actually means by it!

Although I've heard that you should answer it using the 'EES' format (Education, Employment, Skills). So, with that said, how's this for a "Tell me about yourself" question? I want it to be relevant to the job itself, but I don't wanna say too much. Please help! "I am currently enrolled in a course at college, studying a level 2 diploma in interior design. I have been involved in meeting real clients, as well as taking part in scenarios with fake clients, to design a home office space, loft conversions, and social rooms at college. I ensure to listen to their needs, taking what they want into consideration, but being sure to suggest ideas and alternatives to provide them with the best possible service and exceed their expectations.

I have previously worked in retail, at Next, and as a customer assistant, I know how customers should be treated and that it is incredibly important to keep them satisfied. I believe having certain skills for a customer service role is essential, and for both my part time role at Next, and working for clients at college, I have used excellent customer service, punctual and communication skills, great organisation and creative skills, and also interpersonal, and IT skills, as I believe these are the most important and are what have helped me be successful at college and in my previous job.

Working well in a team has also been incredibly important during my course, as we have had to focus on group work, agreeing on which team member is going to take on which role, and choosing an overall design for a room. As well as this, I have worked in a team at Next, stacking shelves and replenishing stock, ensuring the department my colleagues and I were working on looked tidy, welcoming and professional." Thanks in advance!
Hey I unfortunately don't have a great deal of experience with EES (only been told about it once), but for me that does look like you've covered enough. Maybe try to make it a tiny bit shorter (it probably is shorter when read aloud), but you've definitely covered a lot of essential skills in there and it should be a good answer.

Sorry this was a really late reply haha, if you've had your interview then how did it go?! Also, welcome to TSR.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (15)
68.18%
No (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads