Brit-brit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I just got an offer to do a BA in Fine Art at Falmouth University and I am very happy! I'm still waiting on UAL (Camberwell and Wimbledon) to get back to me, maybe they'll offer me a place, who knows! The campus at Falmouth was beautiful and studio space reasonable, unlike UAL. The tutors and students who I met at Falmouth on the day of my interview were all so sweet and welcoming and I just got a great feeling being there. I just felt like a number at UAL and everyone seemed really fake, which I did not like. I guess my main concern is the art scene in Falmouth. I really want to be in the mix and I love London for all the galleries. You can just hop on the tube and see a Van Gogh and I love that about London! and also potential recognition. Can anyone tell me what the art scene is like in Falmouth? Are there any nice galleries to run to? Local artists to talk and make friends with, learn from? Can you get recognized for your art? I know it depends on the person, but I would like other people's opinions on these Universities. Is one better than the other, as I am confused on which to choose. That's is if I do get an offer from UAL..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise