UpsideDownBoy11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello all,

I am 22 years old & I've finally made the decision to further my education and am currently in the process of applying for a film production studies BSc.

I studied abroad in a high school that follows the American system, passing grades 7-12 with a diploma equivalent to A-levels, which is accredited and accepted by most education institutions.

I have been working in full time employment since June and am currently living in a sharehouse with my partner. My plan would be to leave the job to become a full time student, possibly doing some freelance/part-time work whilst applying for student finance to support me along the way.

I'm a bit confused by the household income on the student finance calculator, as I'm not sure how to factor in my household annual income? Obviously I won't be working the same job if I study abroad, nor do I live with my parents. Would I include my partners annual income too? What if something happened and we were no longer together?

I'd just like some clarification on the household income so I can sure I'm entering the right details.

Any help would be hot!

Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello UpsideDownBoy11,

Are you from the UK initially? How long have you been living in the UK?

As the student your earning income through wages would not be taken into consideration when we assess you.

Do you still have contact with your parent/s?

Thanks
UpsideDownBoy11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I am born and raised in the UK, moved abroad in 2006 to study at high school and came back in 2012 (graduated in 2010, also did 2 years of work experience).

I am in contact with my parents, suprisingly living in a shared house cuts costs by half compared to what my parents ask of me!

Looking forward to your reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads