The Student Room Group

Best friend and guy I like.. Please help! I need advice

Okay so there is this guy who I really liked last year and things between us got really awkward and seriously difficult and uncomfortable after he kissed me and was really trying it on with me after a night out. After it happened he just kept saying how we should forget and stuff. How we'd be better as just friends. He then didn't speak to me for around 8 weeks.
I thought I was completely over him, then the other day the feelings I'd had for this guy started to grow and come back again. I denied it to my friends, but my best friend knew.
Then we went on this course night out and my best friend was smashed and so was he. (I was the only sober one)
when we (me, my best friend, the guy and another friend- whose a guy) got back to mine and got into bed we -3 of us- were spooning ( my best friend was in the middle of me and the guy) I could feel his arms wrapping round her and the moving over her and down between her legs. She then turned over and I'm pretty sure I heard them kissing.
I know they were drunk, but I think I'm right in saying that this was not an okay thing for them to do. I don't know whether to ask my best friend out right about it, and risk her lying to me, or just try and forget about it. This is really hard for me because he was my first real kiss and he pulled the same thing with me. I think I actually loved the guy and he totally broke my heart. Am I right to be mad at my best friend? Or him? Surely she broke the most basic rules of girl code- and friendship altogether? I just don't know what to do. I am so upset and feel so sick. I really need some help!
Reply 1
A guy you like kissed you, and that made you uncomfortable?
wat
Original post by Wizard.17
Okay so there is this guy who I really liked last year and things between us got really awkward and seriously difficult and uncomfortable after he kissed me and was really trying it on with me after a night out. After it happened he just kept saying how we should forget and stuff. How we'd be better as just friends. He then didn't speak to me for around 8 weeks.
I thought I was completely over him, then the other day the feelings I'd had for this guy started to grow and come back again. I denied it to my friends, but my best friend knew.
Then we went on this course night out and my best friend was smashed and so was he. (I was the only sober one)
when we (me, my best friend, the guy and another friend- whose a guy) got back to mine and got into bed we -3 of us- were spooning ( my best friend was in the middle of me and the guy) I could feel his arms wrapping round her and the moving over her and down between her legs. She then turned over and I'm pretty sure I heard them kissing.
I know they were drunk, but I think I'm right in saying that this was not an okay thing for them to do. I don't know whether to ask my best friend out right about it, and risk her lying to me, or just try and forget about it. This is really hard for me because he was my first real kiss and he pulled the same thing with me. I think I actually loved the guy and he totally broke my heart. Am I right to be mad at my best friend? Or him? Surely she broke the most basic rules of girl code- and friendship altogether? I just don't know what to do. I am so upset and feel so sick. I really need some help!

I think it's totally reasonable to be annoyed, mad even. But, keep in mind that your judgement is seriously screwed with when you're drunk. Unless you think it's possible that she had any feelings for him, it was probably unintentional and something that just happened.
As for him, I would tread carefully as (if you were thinking of confronting him) it could easily end in him saying how he could do what he wants bc you're not together etc etc. If I understood what you were saying, he was trying to make things go further with you after your kiss, and you rejected him? That may have made him think you weren't into him.
So, if you're going to talk to your friend try and keep in mind that she might feel terrible about it. If you try and not seem angry, and be understanding, hopefully you can get to the bottom of what happened and leave your friendship intact.
Original post by scotttb
A guy you like kissed you, and that made you uncomfortable?
wat

She wasn't necessarily experienced or ready for the kiss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending