the people i dislike are going to the same course as mem Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Guys i need your help and advice.

I love the uni and course I've applied to. Basically I am quite excited about it, but then the problem is a few other people from my school is also going to the same course in the same uni and we don't really mix along although we do talk. There was a period when i had no close friends yet in my sixth form so i tried mingling with them and all but it's always like a one way thing (lasted for 4 months) and i got so sick of it so i just backed out and found my own clique, since then we just say the casual hi and things like that.

Our personalities don't really mix and they are close among themselves so I'm worried i won't enjoy myself in uni because of them.

I know people will tell me to just ignore them and go my own way but we are internationals so for sure we will be sticking with each other for the first few weeks at least.

Any advice you care to give?
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
there'l be people you dislike there regardless of whether the current ones join you or not lol
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. You don't have to stick with anyone whether you're international or not.

2. How it affects your uni experience will depend on the size of the course. A small course of 30 would mean you see more of them than a large course of 200.

3. You *might* find that you get on better at uni. People's mindsets change very quickly when suddenly they're not with the same people they've grown up with. It's not unheard of for friends to go to uni together and then never talk after the first term so I'm sure it's possible for acquaintances to become good friends at uni.

4. Your course is not the only way to make friends. Although it's good to have friends on your course so you can study together, many people make their best friends either through halls or societies and sports clubs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads