How Internet friendly is Keele? Watch

readergirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I've got a conditional offer from Keele and I'm super psyched about it!

I wanted to know if there's wifi in the rooms/halls? If not, is there a way to get it or is it against university regulations? My kindle and tab are wifi so its something I have to think about

Also, is there a data cap on internet usage? Will it be possible for me to stream Netflix and the likes?

Thank you
Jonesy95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey

I'm a currently first year at Keele living on campus
There is wifi in halls and all around campus, during peak times it can be a bit slow depending where you are but usually it's super fast!

Any wii device except the Wii and DS can connect to the wifi, and for gaming consoles you have to use a wired cable from your laptop to the console to get internet

But overall it works fine, I think there's meant to be a data cap but there doesn't seem to be one

I stream game of thrones etc through sky go all the time and have never been stopped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Keele University
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by readergirl)
Hi,

I've got a conditional offer from Keele and I'm super psyched about it!

I wanted to know if there's wifi in the rooms/halls? If not, is there a way to get it or is it against university regulations? My kindle and tab are wifi so its something I have to think about

Also, is there a data cap on internet usage? Will it be possible for me to stream Netflix and the likes?

Thank you
Hi there,

Yes there's Wifi pretty much across the entire campus. All the halls of residence, academic buildings, library and social spaces have Wi-fi access which you just connect to using your Student IT details once you have them. I've found it especially useful when mobile signal drops out, so you can easily still keep in contact with people using Messenger or WhatsApp, those kind of things!

More information about the Wifi, gaming, useage quota etc can be found on our webpages here: http://www.keele.ac.uk/hallsnet/

Hope this helps!

Illana
Graduate Assistant, Residence Support
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads