?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In your opinion?
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spend a long time considering choices, if it seems slightly too risky, don't do it. Never take risks. Be utterly selfless, put anyone else before yourself. Xbox is best played at midnight for best results.
It's always important to get a good breakfast e.g. Pringles, smarties (for smart people ), copious garlic...
Dress for comfort, not style. Don't attend any social events you deem to be beneath you (exams, interviews, court cases etc.)

demx9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ngb9320)
In your opinion?
If you have to ask, you're a loser.
alcibiade
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you feel fulfilled when looking back, you are a winner regardless of what you did. And vice versa.

It is far more within you than anything you do from without - you can define success for yourself, no one else really can.
alcibiade
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by demx9)
If you have to ask, you're a loser.
This is a needlessly nasty thing to say.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ngb9320)
In your opinion?
Attitude.
Not necessarily self-belief, sometimes belief that fate / karma rewards those who look for positive in every situation, for others faith in God.

"Winners" always believe in victory, they:

- sacrifice to succeed

- become energised

- look for ways to win

- follow the game plan

- help other team members

"Losers" expect defeat, they:

- give as little as possible

- become tired

- look for excuses

- forsake the game plan

- hurt/blame others

- - - - -

A popular work psychologist.
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Winners don't give up. Losers do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TurboCretin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ifailedumad)
Winners are not easily fazed by failure, they are determined and always push on. Failures are easily scared into thinking they cant do this/that and choose safely, winners take more risks imo and are generally confident in their abilities. My 0.02.

There was a beautiful qoute about it I read somewhere once "Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving"
Depends on how you define failures. You're right in the sense that success and failure are relative to goals, but on that basis what you've said is truistic. If you don't have goals, it's difficult to 'succeed' in any coherent sense.

Conversely, from a pure achievement standpoint, avoiding failure and achieving success can amount to the same thing. During my undergrad, I considered it a failure to not get a 1st, and so I worked to avoid that failure. After university, I considered it a failure not to get a job with a law firm, so I worked hard to avoid that. If your thresholds for failure are high then, by objective standards, you will achieve success.
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are happy with your life and have no regrets.

You have attained enlightenment.

You are a winner.
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
takes risks for example i have spend upwards of £1000 on a single deal and have often tripled my balence
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
Personal satisfaction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads