kelefi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey all,

a levels are coming up and i wanted to ask whats a good amount of time to revise. I can get things done in an hour or so, but i have goals which i really want to reach so how much is "enough"? 3 hours a day on weekdays, 6 on weekends? more?

also, out of my 4 AS subjects im fine with 1 of them, im slightly struggling in the M1 module of maths, but im mainly talking about chemistry and biology.

on top of the 3 hours a day revision, what should be my weekly exam paper aim? i.e. how many past papers per week in total? and what are some useful methods to revise?

thanks
Jammy maths
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A test paper a day

Posted from TSR Mobile
kelefi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
what about actual revision time?
HemmingsHood
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I revise around 3-4 hours on a weekday and around the same on weekends. It depends on how confident you are with everything tbh. I take biology and chemistry too.
I think 2 past-papers a week is good for now.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kelefi)
hey all,

a levels are coming up and i wanted to ask whats a good amount of time to revise. I can get things done in an hour or so, but i have goals which i really want to reach so how much is "enough"? 3 hours a day on weekdays, 6 on weekends? more?

also, out of my 4 AS subjects im fine with 1 of them, im slightly struggling in the M1 module of maths, but im mainly talking about chemistry and biology.

on top of the 3 hours a day revision, what should be my weekly exam paper aim? i.e. how many past papers per week in total? and what are some useful methods to revise?

thanks
I'm struggling a bit with M1 as well so I spend an hour learning each individual topics; using ExamSolutions and other YouTube physics videos and then move to questions. I do about 2hr 30min revision of M1 per week.
Make sure you spend no more than an hour revising and take at minimum 10-20min ms of break blinds between each revision sessions.

I recommend moment you do at least 1 exam paper for biology per week, and focus on doing exam questions for each separate topics you don't understand (type on Google sciencemathsmaster.weebly to get all the resources for this).

Don't spend all your revision time making notes or reading them, instead pit your main focus on doing questions and ensuring you understand how to answer them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (34)
25.19%
No (101)
74.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed