The Student Room Group

Need help at A-level. Please help?

I want to do Pharmacy at Uni and my chosen university requires AAB grade. I really want to get A's in Biology and Chemistry and at least a B in Geography.
However, I cannot find a suitable revision technique. Mindmaps and past paper are all I am doing at the moment but I don't find mindmaps effective.

I want to start making flashcards but don't know how effective they are. Does anyone know if flashcards are very useful and has anyone got any tips for me achieving high grades?
As far as the effectiveness of flashcards, the best thing for you to do is to try them (maybe just for one subject or topic) to see if they work for you. - Everybody revises in different ways, so you really just need to try things to see what is most helpful.
Here are some suggestions of methods I find useful:
- Drawing pictures/diagrams. This is especially helpful in biology for learning things like the contents of a cell.
- Putting key words/ key points onto flash cards.
- Trying to summarise a page from the textbook on one post-it note.
- Writing out notes in pretty colours/ with pretty pictures.

These all work quite well for me because I am a visual learner.
Some people like to make quizzes for themselves or answer test questions. If you like music, you could make up a song or a rap about the topic. A lot of people also watch youtube videos (I mean, why not make a youtube video?)

The point of revising is to make sure that you know and understand the course, so anything that you do to help that will be great!!
I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest