Home remedies for cold? Watch

RXMXXKX
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I have a really bad cold, I was wondering if anyone knew any good home remedies which could help my cold quickly and effectively.
I am taking lemsip max cold and flu tablets at the moment, doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
heidigirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's not really a lot you can do with colds beyond treating the symptoms. A lot of people will recommend vitamin C or zinc but there's really little evidence they help all that much. Any cold/flu medicines will usually be largely paracetamol, so they might help a little but they certainly won't shorten your cold/send you on the way to recovery.

The only thing you can do is take care of yourself-lots of rest, stay hydrated, paracetamol for aches and pains, hot drinks for sore throat, stock up on tissues.
thebozmeister
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It may sound random, but I assure you that this remedy has been long used all over many countries and it works brilliantly!

Boil some ginger, and when the liquid cools down, mix in some lemon and honey. Don't put the honey in while the mixture is hot because it will lose its effect! This thing has been getting me better since I was a kid!
RXMXXKX
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by thebozmeister)
It may sound random, but I assure you that this remedy has been long used all over many countries and it works brilliantly!

Boil some ginger, and when the liquid cools down, mix in some lemon and honey. Don't put the honey in while the mixture is hot because it will lose its effect! This thing has been getting me better since I was a kid!
Oh okay, I will try that thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads