The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Do I choose Bristol or Exeter?

Hi! I have an offer from Oxford to study Classics and English with conditions of AAA - I'm going to put that as my firm choice.

However, I'm struggling with French atm and my lecturer will be off ill for the foreseeable future so my chances of getting an A are slim.

Therefore my insurance choice is just as, if not more, important than my firm and I can't decide between Bristol or Exeter. I have offers of AAB to study Classical studies and English (or English and Classical studies) from both.

I live quite close to both - Exeter is an hour away by train so I've been going there for years to go shopping/go to the cinema. My Dad lives in Bristol so I've been there a few times.

In many ways Exeter seems perfect - very green, peaceful, a small and safe city. It does feel quite close though. I'm a quiet person - definitely not a party person. But there's something about Bristol, despite it's party reputation that I'm drawn to. But then Exeter, then Bristol!

I really can't decide so any advice/information would be great.

Thank you!

-Molly
Reply 1
Original post by MollyGM
Hi! I have an offer from Oxford to study Classics and English with conditions of AAA - I'm going to put that as my firm choice.

However, I'm struggling with French atm and my lecturer will be off ill for the foreseeable future so my chances of getting an A are slim.

Therefore my insurance choice is just as, if not more, important than my firm and I can't decide between Bristol or Exeter. I have offers of AAB to study Classical studies and English (or English and Classical studies) from both.

I live quite close to both - Exeter is an hour away by train so I've been going there for years to go shopping/go to the cinema. My Dad lives in Bristol so I've been there a few times.

In many ways Exeter seems perfect - very green, peaceful, a small and safe city. It does feel quite close though. I'm a quiet person - definitely not a party person. But there's something about Bristol, despite it's party reputation that I'm drawn to. But then Exeter, then Bristol!

I really can't decide so any advice/information would be great.

Thank you!

-Molly

I would pick Bristol! As long as you like the course and department though.

It is much higher ranked nationally and globally than Exeter and Bristol is a much more vibrant student city. Exeter uni campus is awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending