MollyGM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi! I have an offer from Oxford to study Classics and English with conditions of AAA - I'm going to put that as my firm choice.

However, I'm struggling with French atm and my lecturer will be off ill for the foreseeable future so my chances of getting an A are slim.

Therefore my insurance choice is just as, if not more, important than my firm and I can't decide between Bristol or Exeter. I have offers of AAB to study Classical studies and English (or English and Classical studies) from both.

I live quite close to both - Exeter is an hour away by train so I've been going there for years to go shopping/go to the cinema. My Dad lives in Bristol so I've been there a few times.

In many ways Exeter seems perfect - very green, peaceful, a small and safe city. It does feel quite close though. I'm a quiet person - definitely not a party person. But there's something about Bristol, despite it's party reputation that I'm drawn to. But then Exeter, then Bristol!

I really can't decide so any advice/information would be great.

Thank you!

-Molly
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MollyGM)
Hi! I have an offer from Oxford to study Classics and English with conditions of AAA - I'm going to put that as my firm choice.

However, I'm struggling with French atm and my lecturer will be off ill for the foreseeable future so my chances of getting an A are slim.

Therefore my insurance choice is just as, if not more, important than my firm and I can't decide between Bristol or Exeter. I have offers of AAB to study Classical studies and English (or English and Classical studies) from both.

I live quite close to both - Exeter is an hour away by train so I've been going there for years to go shopping/go to the cinema. My Dad lives in Bristol so I've been there a few times.

In many ways Exeter seems perfect - very green, peaceful, a small and safe city. It does feel quite close though. I'm a quiet person - definitely not a party person. But there's something about Bristol, despite it's party reputation that I'm drawn to. But then Exeter, then Bristol!

Thank you!

-Molly
try visiting both they are easy to get to be train. Hearing what you say though I think Exeter will be better
mackemforever
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MollyGM)

Thank you!

-Molly
Well as somebody who has lived in Bristol my entire life but studies at Exeter I have to say that I much prefer Exeter as a city.

If you've got any specific questions about either place (or Exeter University) just throw them my way and I'll do my best to answer them for you.
Mai.H
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Id definitely choose exeter because its perfect form me in terms of the people, city and university whereas Bristol i can't really imagine myself there but you say your dads in bristol that may help on the weekends or something somehow
I guess you just have to think if Oxford (which is amazing congratulations btw) wasn't in the picture would it be exeter or bristol??
MollyGM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Interesting. Thanks for your reply!

What do you like about Exeter? What is it like the study/live there? Do you ever feel that it's too small?
scortes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi all

I have a similar dilemma. I have to decide whether to firm Exeter, or firm Bristol (the higher offer) and have Exeter as my insurance choice. I went to an open day at Bristol and loved the city but I didn't manage to get to Exeter. I live abroad and won't have the opportunity to visit before the deadline. I'd also like to know what it is about Exeter that you prefer to Bristol... Many thx for your help!
kroziaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yo, have any of you guys made a decision yet? i'm studying ancient history. accommodation and the city itself seem really lively and social, whereas exeter have everything up to date and modern. if you've firmed either, what are your reasons?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
6.9%
They might tell the bully (38)
10.08%
I don't think they'd understand (58)
15.38%
It might lead to more bullying (146)
38.73%
There's nothing they could do (109)
28.91%

Watched Threads

Latest