adam harperRB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is from british independence from 1962 ok? Also the riders only operated in kenya from the mid 1990's also i think people are placing to much emphasis on stats, this exam is more about knowledge of principle understanding of geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bunny2014
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jess__01)
Someome who says that they need 'mo' hoes' ....
Its clearly some immature person, who's trolling to get attention!! LOL x
jmasterson11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the people remembering every single fact about Kenya's entire history, I don't think you realise this paper is based on analysis and not application, you'll get more marks for explaining why than backing up whats already in the AIB

This is from a student retaking the exam, last year I had all the facts and figures under the sun for the Morpeth floods and used them in the exam, but came out with a low grade because I didn't analyse the information in the AIB enough and wasted my time talking about further research which just supported the info in the AIB.

It's a paper to show you can 'think like a geographer', not like you can remember a lot like unit 3
MedievalWitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
why do they not operate in central kenya and nairobi anymore does anyone know? and can we write this in the exam or not
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jmasterson11)
For the people remembering every single fact about Kenya's entire history, I don't think you realise this paper is based on analysis and not application, you'll get more marks for explaining why than backing up whats already in the AIB

This is from a student retaking the exam, last year I had all the facts and figures under the sun for the Morpeth floods and used them in the exam, but came out with a low grade because I didn't analyse the information in the AIB enough and wasted my time talking about further research which just supported the info in the AIB.

It's a paper to show you can 'think like a geographer', not like you can remember a lot like unit 3
couldnt agree more!!! its more about theoretical understanding of geographical issues, facts and figures can add a bit of spice to an answer and be used a few times but the interpretation is key
Chris1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone else not access the Riders for Health website?
Has anyone got a list of things they do from the 'what we do' section of their website?
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MedievalWitch)
why do they not operate in central kenya and nairobi anymore does anyone know? and can we write this in the exam or not
Not enough CBO's (community based organisations)
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chris1996)
Can anyone else not access the Riders for Health website?
Has anyone got a list of things they do from the 'what we do' section of their website?
Its down for everyone, use this instead my friend

http://www.thensmc.com/sites/default...%20study_0.pdf
blu123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do we get given item 1, 2 and 3? or just the maps? sorry, bit confused. Our teacher only went through this two weeks before we left so never really explained properly how the exam works
Bunny2014
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bethabbott)
does anyone have any notes on the maps, my teacher hasnt gone through them and im not entirely sure what to pick up from them
Hey

You could mention how the population density and poverty link to each other? xxx

Ive only briefly been taught this as my teacher focused a lot on GEOG3 recently xxx
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blu123)
do we get given item 1, 2 and 3? or just the maps? sorry, bit confused. Our teacher only went through this two weeks before we left so never really explained properly how the exam works
you get given a complete AIB in the exam, that you get when you sit down so there are no notes on it
MedievalWitch
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adam harperRB)
Not enough CBO's (community based organisations)
okay do you know when they stopped working there or have they not said?
Professor Mature
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Chi Squared must be examined this year because it has never come up before and they need to cover the entire specification before the spec changes, so it will 100% come up in this paper because it wasn't in this year's Geog 3
blu123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Professor Mature)
Chi Squared must be examined this year because it has never come up before and they need to cover the entire specification before the spec changes, so it will 100% come up in this paper because it wasn't in this year's Geog 3
we dont need to know how to carry out a chi-squared test though do we?
MedievalWitch
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Professor Mature)
Whats Chi Squared????? never even learnt this in maths :/
jmasterson11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
isn't chi-squared to find whether something is down to chance or because of a variable? the only thing I can think of them using for a question is whether riders have improved health care or if it is just by chance, which seems very unlikely
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
isn't chi-squared to find whether something is down to chance or because of a variable? the only thing I can think of them using for a question is whether riders have improved health care or if it is just by chance, which seems very unlikely
Yeah i think the chi squared test is unlikely as there is no predicted outcome in the AIB to compare the actual results with and calculate the degree of freedom
JBR08
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah you are correct, but i think they could possibly ask about it in relation to the maps, to show the links between two of them or something, but i think it is very unlikely that any statistical tests will come up, they mainly put those in the 4a unit.
Rakz14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoepFernando)
Whats this gonna mean for our paper on friday ?
Nothing as per say - other than make sure your exam code is GEO4BR rather than Geo4b
MedievalWitch
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do we need to know about the Vision2030 project and how they are improving the country without damaging the environment??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (26)
72.22%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
16.67%
Yes but I might change my mind (4)
11.11%

Watched Threads