The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam harperRB
As in which one specifically, probably 7 as it allows you to comment on the fuelwood crisis, biodiversity, relief rainfall, energy mix, desertification and as there is no correct answer as it is subjective if they asked which was your most important id say that one

But surely the health and education of people is more important than environmental sustainability. Sustainability cannot be achieved if the needs of people are not met.

I personally do think that Kenya has a huge problem environmentally and you could talk about the impacts of climate change on rural areas (agriculture) and on development of the country.
As in which one specifically, probably 7 as it allows you to comment on the fuelwood crisis, biodiversity, relief rainfall, energy mix, desertification and as there is no correct answer as it is subjective if they asked which was your most important id say that one

I havnt done much work on 7, could you elaborate and state any info sources?
With reference to figure P4 and P5 explain the variation in rainfall experienced across Kenya (8)
Describe the distribution of precipitation in figure P5
sorry can anyone help?? x
can someone please give details on the fuelwood crisis
Original post by coronatheatre
With reference to figure P4 and P5 explain the variation in rainfall experienced across Kenya (8)
Describe the distribution of precipitation in figure P5
sorry can anyone help?? x

Precipitation varies according to relief; where relief is greater, generally precipitation is also greater. This is due to moist warm air rising over mountains where it cools, condenses and forms rain clouds. This is particularly common in Kisumu and Eldoret due to proximity to Lake Victoria. Additionally you can say that Mombasa, although a lowland area, receives more rainfall due to its proximity to the Indian Ocean. Eastern Kenya including Marsabit and Garissa are much drier as they are furthest from water sources and also lower areas of land.
are Insecticide Treated Net's mosquito nets????
you are very much correct!

they're unclassed chloropleth maps (without specific boundaries). An isopleth map has distinct lines of equal value similar to isobars, which aren't shown in the 4B figures.
Reply 687
Original post by MedievalWitch
are Insecticide Treated Net's mosquito nets????

yes
Original post by lemxn
yes

thank you :smile:
i still dont understand what i need to be making notes on from the websites theyre just a load of wishwash to me apart from riders. not my fault im only a C student and cant understand the stupid sentences that dont make sense!!! why are they even asking us stuff from websites anyway half of them are bias and all contradict each other. so peed off with this exam you have no idea!!! :angry::angry:
Reply 690

Discuss the issues that the physical and human geography of Kenya present for the distribution of medical resources. (15marks) Would anyone be able to help? Would be extremely appreciated :smile:

Original post by subject1
But surely the health and education of people is more important than environmental sustainability. Sustainability cannot be achieved if the needs of people are not met.

I personally do think that Kenya has a huge problem environmentally and you could talk about the impacts of climate change on rural areas (agriculture) and on development of the country.

Its all opinion based, you could argue that as kenya has such a large reliance on its natural environment e.g. 50% need it for water and there is a 70% reliance on fuelwood, it depends how i feel in the exam which one ill choose
i still dont understand what i need to be making notes on from the websites theyre just a load of wishwash to me apart from riders. not my fault im only a C student and cant understand the stupid sentences that dont make sense!!! why are they even asking us stuff from websites anyway half of them are bias and all contradict each other. so peed off with this exam you have no idea!!! :angry::angry:

you just analysed it pretty well if you ask me:

it'll most likely ask you to evaluate it, so you just said it was hard to understand and some were bias, there's two points straight away
Reply 693
If we bring up something we researched in our answers do we need to mention the source?

thank you :smile:

you're welcome!

'ITNs are estimated to be twice as effective as untreated nets, and offer greater than 70% protection compared with no net.' - wikipedia

Just basically adapt the needs of an LEDC to kenya, just know a little on what they are doing and have done, then know a little bit about the riders
Original post by jmasterson11
you just analysed it pretty well if you ask me:

it'll most likely ask you to evaluate it, so you just said it was hard to understand and some were bias, there's two points straight away

yeah but everyones saying you need statistics and notes on climate change and environment and vision2030 i just dont see how they link to the booklet and why you need them
Could someone outline the main goals of Riders for Health please? xx

Many thanks xx
Anyone got any tips on how to revise for this?!! I'm finding it extremely dull.
Reply 698

I did a question on the websites today which was from a past paper (reworded to fit this topic) and the mark scheme was actually quite simple!

You should look out for quality of graphs/images/information/maps, relevance, sources, ease of navigation, if the information is up to date or biased etc
yeah but everyones saying you need statistics and notes on climate change and environment and vision2030 i just dont see how they link to the booklet and why you need them

stats arent essential, a wider knowledge is what they are looking for, climate change just talk about increased temperature=more desert in some regions, movement of animals and this could disrupt eco-tourism, then just say why Kenya being at threat of basically becoming an entire desert is a bad thing which is easy enough.
2030 just links because it shows they are actively trying to improve and they are aiming to achieve the MDG's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending