The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by biojames
Any idea what you would put for these ?

Up to your interpretation. As my teachers say, there is no point being "spoonfed" them because you need to be able to back up your points!
You would assess whether or not you think they have reached them or not and discuss the chances of reaching them over time. I would suggest looking at the Vision2030 plan which is their initiative to reach the goals by 2030 by using lots of different schemes. I would go through the MDGs and say which you think they've met and their importance.
Original post by Elliemay97
Does anyone know any disadvantages of the website?

If you're talking about the riders website say about how it can't handle large amounts of people accessing it. (As shown the past few days with it not working)
Original post by ButtonsBile
If you're talking about the riders website say about how it can't handle large amounts of people accessing it. (As shown the past few days with it not working)

Was that really the case or are you just speculating.
Original post by subject1

Yeah their servers overloaded because of all the geog4b students trying to get on their homepage.
Original post by ButtonsBile
Yeah their servers overloaded because of all the geog4b students trying to get on their homepage.

Oh my goodness that's well peak! That would be a good point to evaluate how their website supports their cause - If too many people support them then their website crashes! :biggrin:
Oh my goodness that's well peak! That would be a good point to evaluate how their website supports their cause - If too many people support them then their website crashes! :biggrin:

Maybe mention how the website is only aimed at people with internet access (might be going a bit off topic here) so its unlikely people in Kenya will see the website and people of a certain demo graph (elderly) in MEDCs
does anyone have a brief summary of the kenya vision 2030?
Reply 908
I know they can be photocopied, but my point was that AQA only distributes one copy. My school photocopies them too. However, some people here said they have written on the official one, so I assume their school has photocopied one in advance.

And your point being?

You joker you
I thought Chi-squared would come up too. However, because they have to rewrite the paper they probably cba-ed to make a new statistical test? (At least this is what I hope)

I wonder if it might go the other way, it might be easier for them to make one of them up with a numerical answer rather than trying to work out how to balance a 15 mark question properly.
Original post by Joe1000000
I wonder if it might go the other way, it might be easier for them to make one of them up with a numerical answer rather than trying to work out how to balance a 15 mark question properly.

i dont think we could or ever would get a numerical 15 marker, there would be outrage

i suppose you could say some data is outdated on the website for like statistics
Original post by Joe1000000

But surely it is easier to make an essay-based question (just stick a question) than to go through the effort of making a statistical test! Tbh I don't really know but I guess we will find out!
Original post by Ultracrepidarian
does anyone have a brief summary of the kenya vision 2030?

Main objective of Vision 2030: transform Kenya into an NIC and a middle income country

Three pillars they're focusing on; economical (achieve a GDP growth rate of 10% per year), social (Improve quality of life) and political (to have a democratic gov)
Good & bad points about website 4?!
Original post by Saraaa_d
Main objective of Vision 2030: transform Kenya into an NIC and a middle income country

Three pillars they're focusing on; economical (achieve a GDP growth rate of 10% per year), social (Improve quality of life) and political (to have a democratic gov)

Thanks a lot, good luck for the exam.
i dont think we could or ever would get a numerical 15 marker, there would be outrage

But good for the maths-y types out there. I think the max for a numerical test would be 10?
Original post by coronatheatre
anyone have any ideas as to how the health centres in MEDCs are a threat to those in Kenya??

Because the trained professionals are leaving the health centres in Kenya and moving to those in MEDCs to seek higher pay - leaves 1doctor and 12 nurses/midwifes per 10,000 people
Has anyone done about Sauri millennium village project from website 2?

Ah sorry no, I was thinking it would be easier to make up 4/5 shorter data response/number questions where they can more easily mark something right or wrong rather than a 3 tier 15 marker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending