SilverOcean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am stuck between the two universities. Kent offers me a 4 year course for Biomedical Science (and a year abroad) whereas Leeds is a 3 year course for Biological sciences. I am completely lost to which one to go for. I have also got the pressure from my parents to stay in London which hasn't helped the situation. I would love any help that I can get to make this decision. Also I sort of want to pursue art somehow. so its all just a big mess. AHHH HELPPPP ME!!
scrunkie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you thought about the lifestyle each of these Universities offer? Yes, the course is important, but what about social life, living costs etc etc.
SilverOcean
Rep:
?
(Original post by scrunkie)
Have you thought about the lifestyle each of these Universities offer? Yes, the course is important, but what about social life, living costs etc etc.
I was at the applicant day yesterday for Kent, and it didn't give me that exited feeling that I was hoping for but the course is amazing, whereas with Leeds I've always wanted to go, not for the night life but for the what it is. but then again I don't want to lose out on the opportunity to go abroad
scrunkie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SilverOcean)
I was at the applicant day yesterday for Kent, and it didn't give me that exited feeling that I was hoping for but the course is amazing, whereas with Leeds I've always wanted to go, not for the night life but for the what it is. but then again I don't want to lose out on the opportunity to go abroad
Was it Canterbury or Medway? I can tell you from experience Canterbury campus is boring, nothing really going on, always a ghost town and super super super expensive. If you've always wanted to go to Leeds, then go for it. Think about it, is it worth going to a University that you don't really enjoy because there's an option to go abroad? Or would you rather go to a University that you love being at and would want to be there for 3/4years?
I don't want to sway your choice but if it were me, I'd rather be somewhere where I know I'll fit in and be comfortable and enjoy it.
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am stuck between the two universities. Kent offers me a 4 year course for Biomedical Science (and a year abroad) whereas Leeds is a 3 year course for Biological sciences. I am completely lost to which one to go for. I have also got the pressure from my parents to stay in London which hasn't helped the situation. I would love any help that I can get to make this decision. Also I sort of want to pursue art somehow. so its all just a big mess. AHHH HELPPPP ME!!

Hey, I moved your thread to the more appropriate place. Hopefully you'll get the help you need to make this decision.
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the main thing you should look at is the course. There's quite a bit of difference between the two. Look at what modules you cover in both courses and see which appeals to you more then decide on that basis.
SilverOcean
Rep:
?
(Original post by scrunkie)
Was it Canterbury or Medway? I can tell you from experience Canterbury campus is boring, nothing really going on, always a ghost town and super super super expensive. If you've always wanted to go to Leeds, then go for it. Think about it, is it worth going to a University that you don't really enjoy because there's an option to go abroad? Or would you rather go to a University that you love being at and would want to be there for 3/4years?
I don't want to sway your choice but if it were me, I'd rather be somewhere where I know I'll fit in and be comfortable and enjoy it.
It was Canterbury! but from what you've said, that the exact feeling that I got too. its a beautiful place I just don't think it will be for me. and as for a year abroad, I can always just go travel right? Thanks for the help x
SilverOcean
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForestCat)
Hey, I moved your thread to the more appropriate place. Hopefully you'll get the help you need to make this decision.

Haha thank you!!
SilverOcean
Rep:
?
(Original post by vela1)
I think the main thing you should look at is the course. There's quite a bit of difference between the two. Look at what modules you cover in both courses and see which appeals to you more then decide on that basis.
I've just had a look at the courses, and they're very similar. If I'm right, Biological has more chemistry in it? Im not sure if you would know, but do you think if went for Leeds as a 3 year student, I could convert at the end of the year to take a year abroad?
scrunkie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was Canterbury! but from what you've said, that the exact feeling that I got too. its a beautiful place I just don't think it will be for me. and as for a year abroad, I can always just go travel right? Thanks for the help x
That's true! The key thing is to find the one that's perfect for both course and living. People think that it should be all about the course but like I said, living is so important. I left Kent because it honestly wasn't the right place for me, I felt like I was living in an old-person's home and it had an effect on my marks as well. You can't succeed if you're living somewhere you're not 100% about.
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've just had a look at the courses, and they're very similar. If I'm right, Biological has more chemistry in it? Im not sure if you would know, but do you think if went for Leeds as a 3 year student, I could convert at the end of the year to take a year abroad?
80% sure you can convert. Just give the uni a call and they'll give you a definitive answer, all the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads