What's the best life lesson you've learnt? Watch

Pickles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'd like to think I've learnt alot already, but it's only until you see your parents and they say that classic line..."you still have so much to learn"..

Until that moment though...

What is the best life lesson you have learnt?
Silver Arrow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1) It ultimately doesn't really matter what other people think of you - i still struggle with mild social anxiety issues at times though

2) Life can change in an instant - the smallest events can long lasting and far reaching consequences.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have learnt that A levels are the most important qualifications in n your life if you are not going to uni
SallySparrow66
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You don't have to respect adults if they don't respect you.
Jiggy Wiggy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
I'd like to think I've learnt alot already, but it's only until you see your parents and they say that classic line..."you still have so much to learn"..

Until that moment though...

What is the best life lesson you have learnt?
That it's a dog eat dog world, and that we are all in competition to survive and self gratification. Humanity is naturally inclined to be selfish it's part of our innate survival tactics.

Words like love, trust, generosity etc are all comfort words that allow us to feel this false sense of security built by society while we masquerade in pretence that life is worth living, and that love and sharing is a real entity, but the reality is that since birth we all in this for ourselves and these are just words that are inept to our everyday lives.
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It doesn't matter where you are in life, but there will ALWAYS be more cake.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Never buy a bargain bucket for yourself.
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
to no be a whiney little ***** about **** that doesn't hold any baring on the real life equilibrium of your end goals

this came from my former boss and i quit the next day
scrunkie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No matter what happens, and how hard things get, you will ALWAYS make it through. Nothing that is thrown at you is too much to handle. You'll always get through it and be stronger in the end.
Daenerys...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Silence is a friend that NEVER betrays you. I know the truth of that all too damn well.

(Original post by Silver Arrow)
1) It ultimately doesn't really matter what other people think of you - i still struggle with mild social anxiety issues at times though

2) Life can change in an instant - the smallest events can long lasting and far reaching consequences.
:hugs:
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Making a comprehensive life plan for yourself is a massive ****ing waste of time.
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"This too shall pass"

Never stop believing that one day things will get better
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Herpes does NOT just stay in Vegas
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The secret to a successful life is active participation in the world. It's easy to be passive, to accept the things society gives you, to live in your home town and work 9-5, but your life can be full of adventure and achievement, if you choose it to be that way.

It's a matter of taking risks because you truly believe you're worth the opportunity.
channies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try not to be afraid of change as it's inevitable
ImNotSuperman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Self assessment. You can always do things to make yourself a better person. It could be in regards to studying, work, relationships, pretty much any aspect of your life.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Give everything your best shot :dumbells:

It's a massive cliche but it's really the only thing you can actually do.
Hfblondey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sometimes you're wrong
StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The most important life lessons I've learnt are:

1)I am not special
2)The skills (any skills) I possess are absolutely useless unless I back them up with solid graft as well.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Adults are actually pretty dumb.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads