tanyaroberts96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I've been accepted into a textiles course at both AUB and Falmouth but I'm not sure about which one to pick. I love the night life at Bournemouth and the staff at the university but the accommodation isn't as good as Falmouth and I love the scenery at Falmouth and know its good reputation. Please someone help me, thank you!
cmaudholmes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tanyaroberts96)
Hey, I've been accepted into a textiles course at both AUB and Falmouth but I'm not sure about which one to pick. I love the night life at Bournemouth and the staff at the university but the accommodation isn't as good as Falmouth and I love the scenery at Falmouth and know its good reputation. Please someone help me, thank you!
Hello, i got offers from AUB and Falmouth too but to do Fine Art. I chose Falmouth!
Falmouth is definitely a much better university and definitely for fine art, has much better facilities than AUB. I wouldn't say the nightlife is better at bournemouth than falmouth, it's just different. Bournemouth is my closest night out to where I live and it is fun, but I prefer the more chilled out vibe of Falmouth. I think theres only two clubs in Falmouth town but i think the SU at Penryn makes up for it.
I guess it depends what sort of person you are though, to me Falmouth is the dream! But as i live so close to bournemouth that might be clouding my judgement! :L
Good luck with your decision and maybe see you in Falmouth in September!
tanyaroberts96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you so much! Hearing form someone who is the same age as me and has the same priorities has really helped.
Hopefully I will be seeing you in September and good luck with everything else!
Hollymarie25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm stuck between Bristol UWE and Bournemouth arts for photography! I would definitely choose Bournemouth over Falmouth though (falmouth was another of my choices and I got an offer there) I just felt with Falmouth there wasn't much to do there and Bournemouth has a equally good reputation with loads more to do
sonja_michelle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I disgaree with the comment saying AUB has equally as good a reputation as Falmouth, yeah its good but Falmouth does seem more well known and better than than AUB. To me Falmouth seems a far better option. Yeah theres not many clubs and what not but because of that loads of people will all hang out together anyways because no ones got lots of places to go so that hardly even matters unless you're super into clubbing. And Falmouth's facilities are so much better. They are amazing for every course. Would definitely pick Falmouth over any other school, I've got an offer from them for photography and they're my firm!
cmaudholmes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sonja_michelle)
I disgaree with the comment saying AUB has equally as good a reputation as Falmouth, yeah its good but Falmouth does seem more well known and better than than AUB. To me Falmouth seems a far better option. Yeah theres not many clubs and what not but because of that loads of people will all hang out together anyways because no ones got lots of places to go so that hardly even matters unless you're super into clubbing. And Falmouth's facilities are so much better. They are amazing for every course. Would definitely pick Falmouth over any other school, I've got an offer from them for photography and they're my firm!
I totally agree, personally I'm not mad into clubbing so Falmouth is much more my kind of place.
Falmouth is definitely a better uni than AUB, so it depends on your priorities, whats more important, a busy clubbing social life at good arts uni on an average course or a more laid back but good social life, at an incredible arts university on a very good course.
I get that social life is important, but getting a degree at one of the best arts universities is a lot more important!
cmaudholmes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you so much! Hearing form someone who is the same age as me and has the same priorities has really helped.
Hopefully I will be seeing you in September and good luck with everything else!
You're welcome!
and thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (399)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.64%

Watched Threads