Bristol University - Civil Engineering maths worries Watch

lmford
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

So I'm 25 and currently studying an Access to Engineering course. I've had 5 offers from unis including Cardiff, UWE, Brighton, Plymouth and Bristol, to study civil/civil and environmental engineering. As you can see a mixed bag of varying league table positions and entry requirements!

I was really surprised and pleased with the Bristol offer, due to the great reputation of the uni and I have also lived there so I know It's an awesome city. My slight worry however regarding the offer, is whether my maths skills are going to be up to scratch, as the uni requires an A* at A level. I'm currently studying as many maths modules as possible at Access level and have emailed the syllabus to Bristol which they seemed happy with. I'm also receiving all grades at distinction so couldn't really be doing any better.

I'm just worried I'm going to be surrounded by A* receiving, naturally maths-minded students, who completely pass me by. Where as I tend to need to do a lot of self study and work to grasp a topic - although I do get there.

Anyone studying/studied the course who could provide a bit of an insight please? Is there much support in areas people are finding tricky? Don't worry I know it may not be positive!

Thanks very much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (6)
54.55%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
27.27%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
18.18%

Watched Threads